1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx Converter Plus MKV with subtitles

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by srcobranza, Oct 12, 2010.

1. srcobranza

srcobranza Guest

Hello everyone, i made a quick search on this topic but didn't find anythig.

I have two questions:

1st- I'm triying to convert an MKV video with subtitles in it, but the Divx Converter won't see the subtitles, and the converted video doesn't have them encoded.

2nd- How do i change the converted file extension, from .xvid to avi.

3rd- My converted files, those .divx won't play on the divx player plus.

I'm running windows 7 x64 with k-lite codec pack and the divx codec pack

Thanks!!!!!!!!

2. rickrsv

rickrsv Member

I got the same problem.

I had trying to convert a dvd (mpeg2) file into a mkv file, with the dvix 8 plus program. If I had generated directly the mkv from dvd, I would got a bigger file, because the mkv does not compress the mpeg2 file. With the dvix format, the file was reduced to the half of the original one!, but I lost the subtitles and also the audio :( I try to use the mkvmerge to put the substiltles, but I failed on doing this too.

Can someone fix this, please?

Thanks,

P.s. Note that the mkv format it is only a container, that is, it save multimedia files (like video, subtitles, audio, menu etc.) into just one .mkv file. When you rip a dvd to mkv, the video file is generally in the mpeg2 format, which is almost always a very big size file. The mkv does not compress de mpeg file. But, if you convert the mpeg file to dvix and save the file in .mkv then you get a file with same quality but very compressed! This is what I was trying...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011