1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convert DVD TV series to individual High Definition Episodes

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by nsctsunom, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsctsunom

nsctsunom Member

Tools i'm currently using;

1. AnyDVD HD v6.7.2.0
    2. HandBrake v0.9.3 or RipBot264 v1.16.3

DVD TV Series:

I bought all of Dragon Ball Z DVD's from my local retail store, but since i have a big collection i have no room at home because I have other DVD collections as well. So this is why i have decided to back all my DVD's onto my HDD.

I only have problem with Dragon Ball Z because these DVDs which I bought are in Full HD, and the other DVDs are just standard quality which was easy for me to convert.

I have already used AnyDVD to backup the DVDs to my HDD, i don't know what settings to choose for "resolution" and "bitrate" and to choose the right audio with the right English subtitles to convert them to mkv or avi.

I have all the Dragon Ball Z series from 1 - 9 all in digitally remastered Full HD.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Se...9873745&sr=8-1

If anyone has the same DVD's, then you would know what i am talking about when i say in each DVD it has 3 audio options

1. English with Japanese Mono
    2. English with US Mono
    3. Japanese with Japanese Mono

And 2 subtitles options (but really only 1 option because the English with English doesn�t work.)

I want to back the Dragon Ball into individual episodes and convert them into mkv (high definition and reasonable size = 150mb-200mb � 1gb is it the limit).

Can somebody here please help with step 2 and help choose a suitable resolution and output size. I also want the output container to be either mkv or avi and in High Definition because the DVDs are in Full HD.

For step 2 convert DVDs to individual mkv (HD) episodes what programs would you recommend and how do I use them correctly?

I have sort of tried RipBot264 but when I saw the output estimated time which was around 1hr 30mins I canceled it.

I mean 1hr 30mins for a 22mins episode sounds wrong when AoA DVD ripper and HandBrake can do it around 25mins.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.