AfterDawn Forums

Can't play AVIs with Windows Media Player 12 X64

I'm using the WMP12 64-bit version on Windows 7 X64 Home Premium. When I try to play any AVI file, it says "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."
Windows Media foundation is disabled and I have 64-bit ffdshow tryouts, Haali media splitter and 64-bit Gabest AVI splitter installed. Other container formats e.g. mp4 and mkv play fine and the Haali and ffdshow icons appear in the corner of the taskbar. I have re-installed Haali media splitter twice, once with avi support enabled and once with it disabled, it doesn't seem to make a difference. The avi files play in media player classic home cinema and the ffdshow and haali icons appear when I do so. All the internal codecs are disabled in Media Player Classic.

Any help would be appreciated.
▼▼ This topic has 0 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.