AfterDawn Forums

Deleting in mpc

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Hi,

I've tried searching for more relevant forums to post in but short of emailing the developers directly I'm not sure what to do now.

I create a lot of video files in my work and use MPC to open them. As I only need a fraction of the videos from each (large) set I'd like to be able delete them from within MPC withour having to use explorer but there doesn't appear to be a key binding to delete the file. I made a keyboard macro but it was very unreliable. Does anyone know how to do this or know of a program that will do this. Note that I've tried VLC and it doesn't play the files correctly.

Thanks for any advice you might have!
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Will the videos play in WMP ? If they do, you can add them to the library, and there you have the option to delete them from HDD.

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
Thanks cyprusrom,

Yes they will (I think I need a codec though). I've just seen that it's possible to seek in WMP too. Has it always been able to do that!? I thought that was why I needed a different program in the first place! Oh well, cheers for the help!

Apparently it might be possible in MPlayer too but I can't see the option anywhere. Perhaps it's the GUI I have for it?

Largebird
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.