1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting in mpc

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by largebird, Nov 23, 2009.

1. largebird

largebird Member

Hi,

I've tried searching for more relevant forums to post in but short of emailing the developers directly I'm not sure what to do now.

I create a lot of video files in my work and use MPC to open them. As I only need a fraction of the videos from each (large) set I'd like to be able delete them from within MPC withour having to use explorer but there doesn't appear to be a key binding to delete the file. I made a keyboard macro but it was very unreliable. Does anyone know how to do this or know of a program that will do this. Note that I've tried VLC and it doesn't play the files correctly.

Thanks for any advice you might have!

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Will the videos play in WMP ? If they do, you can add them to the library, and there you have the option to delete them from HDD.

3. largebird

largebird Member

Thanks cyprusrom,

Yes they will (I think I need a codec though). I've just seen that it's possible to seek in WMP too. Has it always been able to do that!? I thought that was why I needed a different program in the first place! Oh well, cheers for the help!

Apparently it might be possible in MPlayer too but I can't see the option anywhere. Perhaps it's the GUI I have for it?

Largebird