1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of Xvid movies suddenly cutting off?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Jeffross1968, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Member

I've been using the same set up for years, except for the hard drive which crashed a year ago, and was replaced. Running updated xp, and an LG burner.

All of a sudden, over the last few weeks, Xvid movies burned to a dvd are playing fine on my Philips dvd player/home theater unit, until 15 or so minutes until the end, and the file just cuts off. The file plays fine all the way to the end on my computer. This happens no matter what speed I record the file on to the disc. It also happens with any burning software I try including CDburnerXP and Nero 10.

I'm at a total loss. I've tried slowing down the burn, and going from multiple files on the same disc to just one. Fails to play through on my DVD player every time. I've also tried playing movies burned years ago, and they all play fine. They are only the latest I've tried burning.

Any clues?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Copy and paste the files from a good old DVD disk to a convenient location.
    Download and run ImgBurn.
    Click 'Write files/folders to disk'.
    Click 'Tools' > 'Settings' > 'Write' and check the box for 'Perform OPC before write'.
    Drag-in or browse to the files, insert a blank and burn it.
    See if it works.

If it fails, do this:

Select 'Create image file from disc' and insert your old DVD disk.
    Let it create the ISO file.
    After it has finished, click 'Mode' on the top menu and 'E-Z Mode Picker'.
    Select 'Write image file to disc' and select the ISO or MDS file that was created.
    Insert a blank DVD and burn it.
    See if it plays back ok.

3. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Member

No such luck. Something I didn't mention before, is that if I take the same disk that stops 2/3 of the way through in my dvd player, and play it on the computer, it works fine. I dunno...

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive had the same program on a philips dvd player playing divx/xvids.if the files over 1gb it will cut out around the 1 gb mark.I've been using a usb drive and splitting the files in half using avidemux seems to be working for me.

The other thing that will work is using dvdflick to convert the avi file to a dvd.