1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning compilation

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vomogs, Jan 18, 2014.

1. vomogs

vomogs Member

Hi all
    I want to burn 2 episodes onto a dvd. I converted from avi to dvd format.Because all 9 files in dvd format are the same i.e video_01_0 & video_ts.bup in both episodes, the software forbids it. How can I fool the software (imgburn) into believing they are different? Apologies if this is a repeat question.
    Cheers John

2. attar

attar Senior member

As long as the combined running time of the two DVDs don't go over 2-3 hours, you can combine them using DVD Shrink.
    Run DVD Shrink and click 'Re-author'.
    On the right panel, browse to the folder location of the first DVD and select the VIDEO_TS folder.
    The right pane will now (probably) show 'Title 1'.
    Drag Title 1 to the left panel.
    Browse to the second DVD and repeat.
    You now have both DVD's on the left.
    Click 'Backup' and save the target output to a new folder - or select the target as 'ISO file and burn with Imgburn'.

http://www.videohelp.com/download/DVDShrink32_w_ImgBurn.rar

Edit > Preferences > File I/O, uncheck 'Enable burning with Nero'.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive atually done it with dvdflick before, dvdflick created the image imgburn burnt it.
    imgburn works great once you have an image file, creating the image file is the hard part.

4. vomogs

vomogs Member

Thanks lads. I used ConvertXtodvd for avi to DVD. Seems fine. And Shrink worked as promised. I've dumped Nero. Absolutely fed up with it.

Cheers