1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDs keep messing up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kingtonyx, Nov 3, 2009.

1. kingtonyx

kingtonyx Member

Hi there, I've got a bit of problem. I seem to keep making coasters out of my DVD-Rs. I'm trying to burn a movie and it's just not cooperating.

First, I tried to use Windows DVD Maker and that led to several DVDs that would not even come up as existing whenever I put them into a DVD player (even the one in my computer).

So, then I tried Xilisoft AVI to DVD Converter and had a bit more success. Meaning I came up with a DVD that would load up and play for about 20 minutes before it would begin to stutter and then about another 10-15 minutes before it would just freeze.

Finally, I just recently grabbed Nero 6 and tried that. Nero won't even finish the burn process. It gets to around 75% or so on the progress bar and then says "not enough disk space" and freezes. I notice this is taking up huge amounts of room on my hard drive and I'm not sure why. I have 188 GB free currently on my main drive? I checked after getting one of these errors and I was down to 150 MB! I closed up Nero and my 188 GB came back. Why is this happening? The movie is around 90 minutes and is 988 MB. I would think 188 GB free would be more than enough room...

Another thing about Nero is that the "failed burn" doesn't seem to have any effect on the disc itself. I've been able to use the same disc 3 times to try to burn it.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Convert the video to DVD with DVD Flick(free), and burn it to disc using ImgBurn(also free).

3. kingtonyx

kingtonyx Member

Thanks I'll give it a try!

4. kingtonyx

kingtonyx Member

Okay this method has come the closest to working and has perhaps given a clue to why all of this isn't going as planned. The burn gets to 95% and then I get this message...

I/O Error!

Device [1:0:0} TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H652D GA01 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 21 1D A0 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 2170272

Sense Area: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 3E 02 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Timeout on Logical Unit

and this down in the little log thing:

Failed To Read Sector 2170275 - Reason: Timeout on Logical Unit
    Sector 2170275 maps to File: \VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB

I don't understand any of this but maybe someone here does?

5. kingtonyx

kingtonyx Member

Maybe important information that I didn't mention...

I set DVD Flick to make a new chapter every 10 minutes and when I go to play the disc only the last chapter doesn't work properly. Perhaps I should avoid the chapter thing? Maybe I should use Windows Movie Maker to split the file up and do it that way?