1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First DVDrip

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SawsiN, Jan 11, 2010.

1. SawsiN

SawsiN Guest

I have a few retail DVDs I want to store on my portable HDD for viewing elsewhere. I have had a good long search for the best software to use by looking around the guides and forums.
    What I want to do is rip the retail DVD to a single .avi file.

I have tried a number of times using the following software, and the following method seems to be the best way to do it:

- Rip the DVD by decrypting then creating an ISO file
    - converting the ISO file to AVI

I have tried to use ripit4me and DVDdecrytper to make a ISO file to use in AutoGK to make an avi file.

I chose to create an ISO file from the DVD in ripit4me, which then went on to make the ISO file through DVDdecrypter. It says that's what its doing.

However, after the operation is complete, it has made a zipped ISO directory, which when unzipped has to many files to import into autoGK. How come it has not made an ISO file, or am i doing something obviosly wrong?

And can anyone suggest a better method using different software which could achieve similar results?

Thank you!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Rip the DVD to a folder instead of an .ISO image file.

In AutoGK you would input the Main Title and that is normally (but not always) VTS_01_0.IFO in the VIDEO_TS folder.
    Opening the .IFO associated with the title results in all the VOB files associated with that title being processed.

3. SawsiN

SawsiN Guest

I see, thank you very much!