1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atari 2600 help!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by darkjady, Oct 28, 2010.

1. darkjady

darkjady Member

I recently found an atari 2600 used, I had to order a switchbox. I got it soon after. and the atari does not work. I read up some articles online already about what the problem could be if an atari is not working. If anyone has any ideas on what i might need to look at please say so :)
    I took my atari apart and noticed the thin silver like sheet connecting the On and off switch and the color or black and white switch is ripped. altho ive seem other atari switchboards that dont even have such a thing and work fine without. help please ( I couldn't find a suitable forum to place this under) I apologize

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum due to blindness as not a news issue.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

There really isn't much inside there...replace the pieces that are broken or "ripped", check all the capacitors for signs of leakage, burning, or bulging. Then do a slow visual inspection to see if anything appears to have signs of high heat. Also, make sure the cart and the slot are clean.