1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreamcast burning sonic adv 2

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by noodles26, Oct 9, 2010.

1. noodles26

noodles26 Member

ok im sure everyone no's how wonder a dc being able just to burn the game and play but, everytime i try to play sonic adv 2 it restarts at any time i've used 2 differnt burner software bootdreams and alchol 120%, and they both always restart can u help me plz

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

The simple solution is to buy the game.

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

If your Dreamcast is restarting randomly, it could be one of the following.
    1) It is over heating
    2) You have a bad rip of the game(I have a burned copy of sonic adv 2(I had to download it twice since the first rip wasn't any good)
    3) You burned the game to fast(I always burn my discs weather they are a cd/dvd at the slowest my burners can go) If you burn your discs at fast speeds, you run the chance of it not being readable in some drives(not sure why, but some of the discs that I had burned at full speed wouldn't read. When I re-burned them at a low speed with no setting changes, they worked).
    4) Your laser is getting weak( not sure if this is true, but I have heard that running backups weakens the laser since most backups are compressed to fit on cdr instead of being uncompressed like the official copies which are 1gb).

4. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

you just cant copy the game, it has to be patched first. if not the laser lands on the very edge of the disc. that's because newer DC games are Written in reverse so when it was ripped it mirrored the data. putting the boot sector on the end of the disc instead of the beginning.