1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Service Provider Problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by tmjim45, Apr 4, 2011.

1. tmjim45

tmjim45 Member

A few months ago I moved from Ham Lake, Mn. to Forest Lake, Mn. which is only 14 miles away. I had Quest internet installed. After 2 months of service it was shut down for downloading games and movies using Vuze. So I had US Cable internet installed 2 weeks ago, now I get a letter in the mail that if I continue to download that they will shut my internet service off. Is anyone else having this problem in there area and is there anything I can do about it?

2. aldan

aldan Active member

yup.stop downloading games and movies.

3. tmjim45

tmjim45 Member

Well that answer doesn't help. Downloading is the reason I paid to join this site.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

well,all joking aside you can try peerblock,but i dont guarantee success.i think that if your isp wants to know what you are doing on the net there is not much that can stop it.they have obviously taken notice of your activity on the net ie they are watching you.

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if or when it gets shut down,contact another provider.when you change to a new provider before agreeing to anything ask them "with this internet connection can i download everything i want including movies/games".they should give you a straight answer.

6. tmjim45

tmjim45 Member

I live just outside of Forest Lake, Mn. so I'm limited on internet providers. Quest and US Cable are the only providers I can get. I looked into a USB internet service from T-mobile and Verizon, but there I will be limited to 4Gbs per month and most games are larger than that. I also talked to a Dish Network but there internet service is slower that Quest. So I guess I will have to wait til my lease is up and move back to where Comcast is my internet provider again. Thanks for all the input I got.

7. JimGeek

JimGeek Member

Try use another internet service provider.

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I stopped at the Hardees in Forest Lake, a couple of weeks ago, when I was headed from the north, down to the Cities for a Twins game. :)