1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Micro SDHC 32GB Problem *HELP*

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mikefig, Jan 19, 2013.

1. mikefig

mikefig Member

Hi guys, hope you can help me!

I have a 32GB Micro SDHC card which I purchased some time ago from eBay. (yes I know I should have gone to an official retailer as I may have avoided these problems if I had!!)~

Anyways, for some reason it seems to now be corrupt. When plugged into my Android phone (galaxy ace) or my tablet (iconia a200) it appears as 'either blank or unsupported'

Now I know that it can't be unsupported as both devices are able to support 32gb SDHC AND it WAS working at one point on my Galaxy ace (when i first purchased it from eBay)

If I plug the SD card into my windows 7 laptop, it says to me it needs to be formatted.
    I press format and it always says 'windows was unable to complete the format'

Furthermore, I find it weird that when I'm in the format utility, it says the capacity is only 125MB ??

I have also tried going into Disk Management and deleting the drive (though its faded out as if its not an option) and the SD cards format says its RAW and not FAT, FAT32, or NTSC?

I have also tried downloading the SDFormatter and it tells me that 'the memory card is write protected, please switch off the write protection.' Again, I know it can't be write protected as it DOESNT have a write protection swicth (nor does the usb caddy) and I am able to plug in a smaller 2GB micro sd card and that works perfectly.

I am beginning to think that the micro sd card is buggered but was hoping someone knew a lifesaving fix!

Please help, many thanks
    Mike

2. phonix01

phonix01 Member

i to got the same problem just use any recovery software to recover your files from memory card and after that just for mate it and use it because if u did any modification on the files in memory card through pc u will miss some caches on memory card that may lead to the problem