1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uploading to streaming sites

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by matthhyo, Aug 8, 2011.

1. matthhyo

matthhyo Member

Hey,
    I would like to build a video streaming website, however I dont want to host these videos on my server. So Im planning on using sites like novamov.com, videoweed.es, megavideo,.... etc but im having a problem trying to figure out how i would uplaod to these video sites from the command line or script on my server

I was thinking of using curl as i know this it the program to use to post to a web server, but after some google i havnt really came up with anything.

The only other options i can think of is either using my home connection, but that just seem very feasible as my home connection is only 50kb up, so it would take waaayyyyy too long, or i was thinking of installing a VNC client on my server then installing the desktop packages, but this also seems very teadious to do.

I would much rather prefer some kind of automated way.

Let me know of any idea u have

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Am I missing something? At some point, you are going to have to upload the files yourself, either to other streaming sites or to your server first?

Also, surely if you are starting a streaming site of your own, and not merely providing links to content, then you will have to host your own stuff?