AfterDawn Forums

[Q] Stripes/lines after burning disc

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

Hi all! My problem is that whenever I burn an xbox 360 disc (not sure if right forum), clear lines appear in the disc, circled lines, and the disc is unusable. But its curious that I burn the same image in a second disc (DVD-DL, all of them), it burns perfectly.. Ive wasted a few discs as of now, of course, they are cheap ones, but I dont know

Image docs.google.com/open?id=0BzJE-u8unrVyX2QtbzZrSWU3M2s
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
How old is your burner? Does this happen with any other brand of media that you've used?

Originally posted by Ripper:
How old is your burner? Does this happen with any other brand of media that you've used?
The thing is it's a laptop burner (the laptop is new), and I know it can have issues, but I can't explain it burning a bad copy and then a perfect one the second time. And no, I have only tested this kind of media, I don't have normal DVD's to test with, and I don't want to waste the Dual Layer ones :S

Thanks!
What program are you using to burn? Do you have any logs from the healthy and failed burns - if so, post them here (Google to find their location if you're not sure).

I'm not entirely sure of a direct cause of something like that to be honest, but general feeling would be burner on the way out or a dodgy batch of media. Might be worth picking up some cheap dvd+rs to see if you can replicate the fault.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.