AfterDawn Forums

Original PS2 only reading some disks.

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

I found an original big ps2 at a thrift store Today, I got the system along with a controller. The disk drive tray kind of groans when opening but otherwise seems to work fine. It wont play any of my ps2 games though however. It plays dvd's and some of my ps1 games fine, but if i put in a ps2 game It just times out and says its an invalid disk.
What could cause this / what can i do to fix it? Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by lyokoboy0:
I found an original big ps2 at a thrift store Today, I got the system along with a controller. The disk drive tray kind of groans when opening but otherwise seems to work fine. It wont play any of my ps2 games though however. It plays dvd's and some of my ps1 games fine, but if i put in a ps2 game It just times out and says its an invalid disk.
What could cause this / what can i do to fix it? Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
whats the model number. if it is scph - 30000 you are going to have issues and have to re adjust the cd drives laser see theres a white plastic gear in that model of fat ps2 this gear controls the neight of the cd drives laser when the gear gets out of whack the disks stop reading or it will read ps1 disks but not ps2 or it will read dvd movies but not games or it will only read music cd's you need to look for a repair guide online it will better explain this problem in more detail
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.