1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer won't detect sony handycam dcr-hc30

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by tsrichter, Aug 17, 2010.

1. tsrichter

tsrichter Member

I have a question about uploading videos from my camcorder to the computer. When i plug the camcorder into the computer with a USB, my camcorder does not detect it for some reason. Is there some type of software that i should have installed or something? I bought this camera off of ebay so it did not come with any software, that im aware of anyway, since i bought it a few years ago; so i will probably have to download the software online somehow. I have windows vista home premium 32 bit operating system, and i was wondering if anyone can help me find a solution to the problem or help me find some kind of software that can help the computer detect my camera.

Thanks!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. tsrichter

tsrichter Member

oh alright, thanks anyway though!

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Your camcorder has a firewire output port. You need to pick up a firewire cable. Sony calls it iLink.

USB is for capturing your still photographs, and even if you could capture the video, through the USB port, it would be poor quality.