1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multimedia card not working

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by charlesh, May 6, 2010.

1. charlesh

charlesh Member

I have a JVC camcorder (GR-D29OU) which has a memory card slot to take still pictures. Having 8 MB and 16 MB Multimedia Cards(CU-MMC8U and 16U) take 25 and 50 jpeg pictures - no problem, they can be copied off with my Sony cardreader.
    To have a larger capacity I obtained a MMCPlus 4 GB Transcend card. To start it in the camcorder I had to Format it, than I took pictures. The first 13 pix were OK and transferable, but anything after them became garbled - could be seen on the LCD monitor - to transfer a message said:"Files are corrupted.". In many trials, always the first few pix are ok, the rest bad.
    It might be that this subject is not for this forum, but someone might have a similar experience. Thank you for your interest.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

This forum is just fine for your post.

If you have a card reader, take the memory card out to the camcorder, put it in the card reader, and plug that into a USB port on your computer, and see if you can dump the pictures on your hard drive.

If you don't have a card reader, you might consider getting one, or have a friend, who has one, see if he can copy them directly to the hard drive.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  3. charlesh

charlesh Member

I am using a Sony cardreader.
    The pictures ON THE MULTIMEDIA CARD are already corrupted with the exception of a few at the front of the queue.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Sorry, I missed the part where you stated that you had a card reader.

This may be a tough one. It could be something wrong with the camcorder, the Transcend card, or the card reader.

The card reader is the most inexpensive of the 3. I would try another card reader first, then another card. If neither of those solve the problem, contact JVC.

5. rylai17

rylai17 Member

the problem may occur on ur JVC camcorder. you said that the 8 and 16MB memory card works fine and your card reader can read it with no error. then the 4g transcend got an error. it could be your JVC camcorder.

well you can also try another brand of the memory card