1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software for Canon HD VIXIA HG20

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by myrealtr, Nov 10, 2011.

1. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

In January I had to re-format my computer hard drive and therefore lost all of my installed programs. I can not find the CD that came with my camcorder and Canon no longer had them available. After talking with a technician at Canon I was told to just download and use Windows Live Movie Maker which I did. That software doesn't recognize my camera. No one seems to have a resolution to this proglem. Canon tells me to contact Microsoft and the solutions Microsoft has doesn't help. Con someone recommend a software program I can use to upload my videos from my camera to my computer? I would appreciate any help I can get please. By the way, the software that was included with the Canon HD VIXIA HG 20 camcorder is PIXELA ImageMixer 3 SE software. I have no idea if this product is still available nor where I can get it. I did speak with someone at the company that makes this and was told I had to obtain it through Canon. Oh well they don't have it any longer so that's that. I do need something that is easy to use, if possible.
    Thanks.
    Linda

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Here you go.

http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/imagemixer3_se_canon/download.html

3. JAPANACE

JAPANACE Member

Hi,

Actually, the updater which GrandaBW mentioned I don't think will install without the original cd. Please email me at support@pixela-1.com with "Canon" in the subject. I'll see if I can do something for you. Thanks.

4. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Thanks so much to all of you. I was able to find my original CD. I had forogtten about an old computer bag I use to use which I had put away in the closet in my home office and never thought about it again. For some reason while I was packing up my brieft case one day why trying desperately to think of where my CD and manual could be I remembered that laptop bag I use to use and that's where the package was. I soooooo appreciate all of the help from everyone here. I can always count on getting needed help from the people here. It is appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  5. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Thanks so much!

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You're welcome, even though the link that I gave, didn't really help you.