Software for Canon HD VIXIA HG20

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by myrealtr, Nov 10, 2011.

1. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

In January I had to re-format my computer hard drive and therefore lost all of my installed programs. I can not find the CD that came with my camcorder and Canon no longer had them available. After talking with a technician at Canon I was told to just download and use Windows Live Movie Maker which I did. That software doesn't recognize my camera. No one seems to have a resolution to this proglem. Canon tells me to contact Microsoft and the solutions Microsoft has doesn't help. Con someone recommend a software program I can use to upload my videos from my camera to my computer? I would appreciate any help I can get please. By the way, the software that was included with the Canon HD VIXIA HG 20 camcorder is PIXELA ImageMixer 3 SE software. I have no idea if this product is still available nor where I can get it. I did speak with someone at the company that makes this and was told I had to obtain it through Canon. Oh well they don't have it any longer so that's that. I do need something that is easy to use, if possible.
    Thanks.
    Linda

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Here you go.

http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/imagemixer3_se_canon/download.html

3. JAPANACE

JAPANACE Member

Hi,

Actually, the updater which GrandaBW mentioned I don't think will install without the original cd. Please email me at support@pixela-1.com with "Canon" in the subject. I'll see if I can do something for you. Thanks.

4. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Thanks so much to all of you. I was able to find my original CD. I had forogtten about an old computer bag I use to use which I had put away in the closet in my home office and never thought about it again. For some reason while I was packing up my brieft case one day why trying desperately to think of where my CD and manual could be I remembered that laptop bag I use to use and that's where the package was. I soooooo appreciate all of the help from everyone here. I can always count on getting needed help from the people here. It is appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  5. myrealtr

myrealtr Member

Thanks so much!

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You're welcome, even though the link that I gave, didn't really help you.