1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

When I am trying to load the file in dreamup it says file too big, please advise

2. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

Try this,
    1. make sure dm800 power not attached
    2. put the serial cable from your pc to dm800.
    3. click connect button on dreamup
    4. now insert the power to the dm800.
    5. the dreamup should be responded and start to upload
    6. click flash and choose the bootloader which suits to your dm800.
    7. after flashing, unplug the power of dm800 and remove the null modem cable.
    8. connect your ethernet cable & power on the box again whilst holding in the standby button until you see the box IP then use IE/firefox to flash the image using the web browser.
    Here is more helpfull information,..also HERE is a (patched) version of dreamup that works with 800 clones.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  3. 4dbox

4dbox Guest

quote]

When I am trying to load the file in dreamup it says file too big, please advise[/quote]

you then open a web page ie box ip will show in box screen and flash it via on screen

4. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

you then open a web page ie box ip will show in box screen and flash it via on screen[/quote]

All I have managed to fix my dream box 800 hd for the error no can found & file too big. First of all thank you all for your support & guidance. If anyone needs help do ask me

5. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

All I have managed to fix my dream box 800 hd for the error no can found & file too big. First of all thank you all for your support & guidance. If anyone needs help do ask me[/quote]

great,...so tell us what you did,..step by step

6. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Dreambox 800 HD Problem - ERR01 : NO CA found & file too big
    If this is the problem you are experiencing then follow the below steps - guaranteed solution (Make sure you are using a computer with Windows XP, this wont work on Windows Vista) -
    1. Get a null modem cable if your computer doesn't have a serial port get a serial to usb adaptor also.
    2. Software needed is - Dreamup 1.3.3.2 and Enforcer (this enforcer is the magic software which does the trick).
    3. Unplug power cable from the box.
    4. Plug the serial cable to the box and the other end should be connected to your computer.
    5. Open device manager of your computer and check which port is configured for your serial to usb cable (example - COM1 or COM2 whatever it is)
    6. Open dreamup and then start Enforcer
    7. Now drag the Enforcer on top of the dreamup and click on Enable (in Enforcer).
    8. Then you will notice that the Flash button on Dreamup is enabled now which was greyed out.
    9. Now select the port in Dreamup which is configured for your serial cable (Com1 or Com2 whatever it is), then press connect button on Dreamup and plug in the power cable in your box. You should notice that the dreamup is running a flash and the box type is displayed as your box model at the bottom left corner of Dreamup.
    10. Now press the Flash button on Dreamup and browse to the image which you want to load (I know which one works the best but I dont know whether I can and how I should provide link to it here.)
    11. When you have selected the image it will flash the box with that and take approx 1 hour to complete since the serial cable is slow to transfer data.
    12. Once finished unplug the serial cable and power cable from the box wait for 1 minute and then plug in the power cable to the box and connect it to your tv. It will start with the basic setup wizard which I hope you guys know how to set it up and do gemini server then cccam and cccam config. Thats the box should be up and running.

Thanks

7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

jhammer, enforcer download link please

8. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

here's a link to a collection of dreambox tools including enforcer,..enforcer should only be used when the normal dreamup method fails.
    Dreambox Tools

9. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Here is the link for enforcer

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

thanks jhammer, can someone give me a brief description of this tool. i have never had a need to use it. jicjoc, please use inadyn plugin which is available for download on your dreambox instead of dyndns updater on your computer. why would you want to have your computer doing the update for you when your dreambox will do it easily

11. jicjoc

jicjoc Member

You're a beautiful man fintann. Never thought of that!
    Who ever thought up of a dreambox is a genius!

For all the money in the world i wouldnt go back to a standard sky box

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

my only wish is that dreambox created a decent tuner. its the reason i spent on buying a vu+ duo. quality difference astounding. also i no longer use inadyn. impossible to give clients proper quality. instead i use static ip so my friends get quality service. costs, but hey my sky sub costs the best part of EUR 100 anyway so a few extra bobs just gives me peace of mind and my buddies a decent service

13. bee9791

bee9791 Member

Can I download dream control center just from a search in google? I cant find it in pio pats sig. Bewildered slightly

14. Dan1985

Dan1985 Regular member

15. jicjoc

jicjoc Member

Just about inadyn set up Guys...

I have a dyndns account of the type jicjoc.dyndns.org
    Am i right in assuming that my alias is then jicjoc?
    Then just enter my user/pass as per dyndns website, set it to update every 30mins and roberts my fathers?

I think its all entered correctly but is there a way to test it? Just wait til my ip changes and see?
    Thanks

16. piopat

piopat Active member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  17. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Hello guys,

Please can anyone help me with setting up a card share in my home and with my friends.

Thanks

18. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

jhammer all the info you need is in piopats tut called a newbies guide setting up a dm500 for cardsharing.

19. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

As Jackooh said read first post in this thread & do it step by step. First enable dreambox or
    similar to use your s*y card. Then set up internal share with 2nd box in your house. Read thru
    rest of this thread to see how others overcame difficulties encountered. Then try set up ext
    share to friends house. Plenty of advice here if you need any help

20. balcee

balcee Regular member

Hi guys

I've read and followed piopat's brilliant instructions to a tee but am falling over at the internal sharing. I have, as follows:

Main box downstairs, I have ethernet cable, sky connection, sky card and live network connection
    F: username password

Box upstairs, I have ethernet cable, live network connection
    C: 192.168.*.* 12000 username password

I'm most probably being completely dim here but I don't get a picture upstairs :(

I'd appreciate any help in getting me up and running.