1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Hi

Trying to follow your guide hopefully will get it working soon

Im trying to istall the CCCam but when it comes up if I want to install the add on, I say yes but it goes back to a blank screen and I cant select the blue button to make CCCam my default.

Is this a serious problem or me just being stupid??

Thanks In advance

Callum

2. piopat

piopat Active member

you dont say what image you are using, but if you find the image is not responding as it should be why not download the same image from a different source and then reflash the box. when you scroll down to the cam you want say cccam 2.1.3 complete and press ok on the remote you should get a prompt(which you did saying do you want to install ) but when you press ok again you should have got a second prompt asking if you want to install addon. if you dont get the second prompt and dont install the addon then of course you then wont be able to set cccam as your default as it has not been installed. as i say some times the image for one reason or another does not respond in the way that it should (this does happen) so i would suggest downloading the image from another source and reflashing and i would think that your problem will be sorted.

as im posting here ill add a few links for people who want to flash the various dreamboxes via web browser ,you must use the correct image for your box ,a clone dreambox must have a clone image and please follow the instruction given carefully.
    http://dreamforum.nu/wbb3/index.php?page=thread&threadid=4791&highlight= (dm8000 hd pvr)
    http://dreambox-dvb.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-flash-dreambox-dm7020.html (dm7020)
    http://dreambox-dvb.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-flash-dm800-via-web-browser.html (dm800 hd)
    http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox600/132780-flashing-dm-600-4-easy-steps.html
    (dm600)
    http://www.satpimps.com/showthread.php?t=104167 (dm500)
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/flashing-browser (shows the process in pictures)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  3. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Hi

Im sorry it was the one you suggested in your opening thread the darkstar 2 images should i try a different image i have a 500s clone??

Thanks

Callum

4. piopat

piopat Active member

you can get a nabilo image from either of the first 2 links in my signature area or if you like you can change the image but becarefull with gemini images as some can kill a dreambox.

5. bainy88

bainy88 Member

How do you re flash your box?? Do you have to erase the data first or can you just do the same as you discribed in your first post??

Thanks

Callum

6. piopat

piopat Active member

instructions for flashing your box can be found at the start of this tutorial ,also you will see the software and cable/s needed. when attempting to flash you will be propted (asking if you want to perform a flash erase ,this will erase the current image)if you want to erase the current image say yes ,if your image is faulty or not performing properly you should erase it.reflashing is the same as flashing but when you see the prompt say yes. i hope this helps.

7. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Hi

Following your thread which is brilliant!! I have managed to setup the box to receive all the channels with a boxkey but im now stumped when im trying to setup the internal sharing in my house.

I have followed your thread but i dont seem to be able to get it to work and im stumped any help will be much appriciated.

I think it must be something to do with the c line on the client box

callum

8. piopat

piopat Active member

well on done on getting setup ,you say you think your c line may be at fault,as i cant see your setup i have to ask questions . is your box/boxes connected to your broadband router either by an ethernet cable or another device such as home plugs as your post has little detail.

ok if your connected up and all is well what is your c line (without you giving your c line to all who are reading) here is an example ,your c line for internal sharing(sharing in your own home) will start with C: followed by the ip address of the box that contains the card and then the most common port for cardsharing 12000 and then the user name and then the password. so your c line will look a little like this
    C:(box ip address) 12000 share1 bedroom1
    box ip is the ip address of the box with the card in it ,12000 is the port , share1 is (user name) bedroom1 is (password). you put the c line in to the second box.for each box that shares with you you need to put an f line in to your box ,for internal sharing put F:share1 bedroom1
    F (for f line ) share1 is user name, and bedroom1 is password .you notice how the user name and password is the same in the f line and c line ,the user name and password can be what ever you like but they must be the same in both the f line and c line .

9. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Hi Piopat

Sorry about the lack of detail in my post I am a complete newbie to dreamboxs and im not sure what information you need or what information I will get away with putting on this live post without getting a slap on the wrist.

I have my boxes connected through a ethernet cable to my broadband with my c line looking just like you have pointed to. ( i got my ip address of my dreambox from the control centre I hope that is correct??)

Am I suppose to have a F line and a C line in my client box??

Sorry about so many problems and I do appreciate all your help and if you need any other information about my set up just let me know.

Callum

10. piopat

piopat Active member

you only put an f line in to the box with the card in it(the server)the c line goes in to the box that will be sharing (the client) feel free to ask if you have any questions.

11. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Hi Piopat

Really struggling to get this working for internal sharing would it be possible to send you my cccam config so you can tell me were im going wrong??

Thanks

Callum

12. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Hi Piopat

Really struggling to get this working for internal sharing would it be possible to send you my cccam config so you can tell me were im going wrong??

Thanks

Callum

13. piopat

piopat Active member

pm me your cccam.cfg details and ill have a look at them for you.

14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

there is an issues with local network fline in that you must remove any share restrictions. as such the fline looks like 'f: user pass' and that's it. the cline looks like 'C: 192.168.x.x 12000 user pass'. and thats its.

15. dublinda

dublinda Member

Great Post piopat got everything working thanks again

16. bainy88

bainy88 Member

A big thank you to piopat for all his help from someone that is more useless then a newbie!!

Managed to finally get it working and thats thanks to him and this thread for being so helpful.

Glad to see there is still helpful people out there.

Next problem will be external sharing now!! that looks fun haha

Callum

17. bainy88

bainy88 Member

Trying to make a start on external sharing now, do I have to have my computer on all the time running the DynDNS updater??

Callum

18. piopat

piopat Active member

no your laptop can be switched off,but if your sharing externally to friends/family you will need to leave your broadband router on ,you could maybe buy one of those plugs that you would plug your router into that you could set to switch off say at 2am and come back on at 9am simillar to what you might use for switching central heating on and off at certain times. also if your router will be on for long spells make sure it is in a spot where it stays as cool as possible.

19. SG8

SG8 Active member

but would he not need it to be on to keep the DynDNS updater working properly ??

20. mickopla

mickopla Member

Have a problem that piopat might be able to help me with. Basically i obtained lines from server A which work fine on all channels bar one. I got another line from another server as a test and it worked perfectly. Decided to go with him for a test period and he sent me another line but this time its not working. The guy assured me that it should be working but its not. I'm putting the CCcam.cfg file in the var/ect folder. Server A line works and Server B doesnt. Would there be any reason why this is happening? 2 good lines one working and the other not. Any advice would be great