1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. turiansentinel

turiansentinel Member

piopat can you recommend any c-line suppliers?

2. piopat

piopat Active member

check your pm inbox

3. ak1l

ak1l Member

Hi

Can someone help me please

I was following the dm500 tutorial, i have a dm500s, all flashed correctly, was getting cam installed and struck a hurdle.

The below states:

you now have cccam installed so exit back to tv channels .now press the blue button on your remote and then press the right arrow button untill common interface or default (this depends on the box you have ) is replaced by cccam 2.1.3 ,when youve done that you need to set cccam 2.1.3 as your default cam so press ok on your remote ,now press exit back to tv channels . you are now ready to go to the next stage which is entering c lines which i will go in to in post number 2.

The problem i have is when i press the blue button and the right arrow, nothing happens apart from changing the volume?? I have a DM500s, can someone please explain how i can finish off the above before moving onto the next stage of putting in a Cline

thanks

4. piopat

piopat Active member

as i said at the start of the tutorial my tutorial is based on the nabilo image all you should have to do is press the blue button and look to the right o where it says default cam ,it may say default cam or common interface ,now if you have installed cccam you should be able to press the right button on your remote and default cam or common interface will be gone and you should see cccam ,then all you have to do is press the ok button . job done ,then press the exit button and exit back to the tv channels .

however there are many images for the dm500s and the method of installing cccam or setting cccam can be a little different . you can try pressing the blue button and selecting cccam as above ,but instead of pressing the ok button you may see start /restart cam ,wll if you see that simply use the above instructions to change default cam to cccam .then use your up/down button on the remote to go to start/restart cam and when start/restart cam is highlighted press the ok button .

after that cccam should be set as your default cam so after that edit cccam.cfg as i described in my tutorial. editing cccam.cfg is pretty much the same on all dreamboxes .

5. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  6. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

Hello Piopat/all
    Having problem with my friends dm 500s,it wont clear pay channels even though his line from his server is active,he is using edimax router 6200n (vodafone dongle)was working fine for months then he was doing some diy in his house so he put db/router away for about 2 months then reconnected but sly sports etc. not clearing.
    I took the box/router to my house set it up again tru dcc all connecting fine i know the box is seeing the router because i can access nabilo cams,i have dhcp unticked cause i beleive ip address kept changing.i have tried my own dm 500s on this router and the same problem paid chans not clearing,the funny thing is it worked for a while until i powered everything off then powered back on but nothing,any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks/Jack....

7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

jack the answer is obvious, read what you say, your beloved payserver is dead. on another count dhcp should always be enabled as a client box

8. piopat

piopat Active member

jack you say you also tried your box on your friends router and your pay channels wont open ,do your pay channels still open when your box is reconnected to your own router ? .

have you tried connecting your friends box to your router to see if his pay channels open ok on your router ? ,if your friends box works ok on your router then it would seem his router has some sort of problem .

you should have dhcp enabled in your box and your mates box as they are only clients (that means only using a c line ) ,so if its not go to communication setting on both boxes and enable dhcp save and exit . now try connecting both boxes to your friends router ,check the pay channels again and see if they open .

if they dont open go again to communication setup and see if all the fields have been filled in ,i mean ip should have an ip address and gateway /subnet mask etc all should have been filled in automaticly by the router .

i know pay channels didnt open on your friends box but was your friend able to access the internet with his router ? can you try connecting your laptop to your friends router via an ethernet cable and see if you can connect to the internet(obviously switch off your own router while doing this ),if you cant connect to the internet i suppose another thing to check would be the ethernet cable ,so if you have a spare ethernet cable try it .these cables can get damaged /kinked etc so its worth trying another . get back to us when you can ,talk soon jack mate .

9. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

Good evening gents.
    Firstly Fint payserver is alive and well and serving to some of my friends.
    Piopat i am convinced now that this router is faulty,(spent enough time trying to sort it)what was throwing me off was the fact it works sometimes,his box clears at my house but his router wont clear my chans.
    Many thanks guys for youre help.
    Any suggestions on a new router that will work for him (vodafone dongle)i have a tenda router but cant seem to get usb modem to see the router.

Cheers/Jack

10. irishtoon

irishtoon Member

hi guys just wondering does any one know how many boxes a dreambox 500 or 800dh could share to at anyone time?

11. piopat

piopat Active member

how many had you in mind ? .

12. irishtoon

irishtoon Member

well i was hoping between 5-6 if it could be done not sure how many a dreambox could handle

13. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate that shouldnt be any problem with either of those boxes , ive replied to your pm .

14. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

piopat,
    do you have to have two Db's in order to share in your own home? using the sly card in one db? does this make the sly box defunct? or can i use the sly as a third user?

15. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate you would need a server and a client so thats two boxes ,you cant use the sky box for either of these purposes but i wouldnt say its defunct as it will work well as a free to air reciever and also you may need to pop your card back in to it at some stage or to authorise a new card .

16. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

Thanks piopat, I should have kept one of the boxes I had, now i know why they wanted the second box, ah well I will just have to get another one.

17. hummyk

hummyk Member

Piopat,

Just a big thank you for your excellent guide and additional assistance via PM.

All I need is info on a reliable c line so if anyone has one in mind pls PM me.

Thanks again Piopat, your the MAN!

18. piopat

piopat Active member

thanks mate i appreciate the kind words . i sent you a pm .

19. mancred

mancred Regular member

11 hops down on Cccam from the source - I can tell you that 5-6 boxes will work with no issue at all.

20. smilapee

smilapee Member

Piopat can i use HD DVB- receiver Sunray DM800 SR3
    and if i can which 1 do i use in your signature