1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

ok well thats good your getting places,so did you ensure that dhcp is enabled (it should be but we have to check )press menu / setup (number6 )/ expert setup /communication setup . if its enable then the nabilo server may be temporarily down , but thats not a problem you can ftp a cccam file to the tmp/ folder in your box using dream control center (dcc) .

first download and install dcc , you ill need to set it up so it can connect to your box ,i posted instructions to setup dcc on page 1 of this tutorial in post number 2 . then click on the first link in my signature area and download the file cccam 2.1.3 complete (i marked it for nabilo dm500s ).

now assuming you have downloaded /installed / and setup dcc ,open dcc and click on ftp (bottom left of screen . now you should see to large boxes of files , the box on teh left contains files in your dm500s and the box on the right contains files in your pc , and in beteen teh boxes are two little arrows one pointing left the other pointing right . look in the box on the left and find the tmp/ folder and then click oon it twice to open it , now look in the box on the right and find the ccam file you just downloaded ,now click on that file once to highlight it ,now look beteen the two boxes and click on the little arrow that points left . all being well if you look in the box on the left now you will see the ccam file ,if so you can exit dcc ,but if not follow the above instructions again .

now go to your box and press the yellow button ,then press the yellow button again and click on nabilo manual install panel ,all being ell the file will be there so select it by pressing ok , then you will be asked DO YOU WANT TO INSTALL say yes ,if you see another simillar message just say yes .the file should install in seconds , then you can exit back to the tv channels .

now you need to set cccam as your default cam , so press the blue button , in the upper left corner you should see default cam and to the right of it you should see the word DEFAULT , press the right button on your remote untill default is gone and is replaced with cccam 2.1.3 , then press the ok button , all being well on screen you should see starting cccam . now you can edit the cccam.cfg file as i explained on page 1 of this thread and add your c line .

2. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Carried out above instructions,all went well untill I clicked on manual install panel(nothing to install)came up.Looks like the box is faulty?

3. piopat

piopat Active member

did you unzip the cccam file before you put it in ? .

4. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Yes, and it's showing in the temp/folder of the box

5. piopat

piopat Active member

ok try putting it in unzipped and see if its in the manual install panel ,i know it works as ive used it and others .

6. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Tried unzipped file,still nothing showing in manual install panel

7. piopat

piopat Active member

ok i can only think that either the image has a problem or the box does but that said i know plenty of people who have used that image with no problems ,so download another image from another download source . but before you flash the box with dreamup in dreamup look just above the word flash and you should see flash erase (click on that)this will erase the currnet image , then do it again to erase the image you flashed before that , the reason for this is that a dm500s has a very small memory . then flash the box again as normal .

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  8. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Having followed all of the instructions which you so helpfully supplied and failed to solve the problem I,too, have come to the conclusion that the box is faulty I have now ordered another. Many thanks for all the help and interest you took in trying to solve the situation. I have learned a great deal and will retain this information for further use, for which I am deeply appreciative.

9. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

how is youre dreambox connected to your computer?

10. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

maxvar8 is a great image, about 8-10mins on rs232

11. croghta1

croghta1 Member

It's connected with a null RS232 lead

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

to do a manual install of an image the image must be named root.cramfs. It in put in the /tmp folder. It seems you are somewhat confused as to flash an image. There are two primay methods.
    1/ In this case the box is alive and you simply want to flash a different image: In this case you find out the IP address of the box from the network settings. Then you use flashfxp (dcc is pants) to transfer files to the dreambox. In this case you download the image to your computer, unzip it, rename it to root.cramfs and transfer it to /tmp folder on the dreambox. Then select the manual install option and install.

2/ Box is totally unresponsive, get a green light on the dm500 but get nothing on the tv screen: in this case you need a null modem cable and software dreamup to flash. You download the image, unzip it, download dreamup and unzip it, start dreamup ensuring dm500 is powered off. Select COM1 (here I suggest you have dm500 connected to old computer running windows xp which has a serial port) and select the 'connect' option. Now turn on the dreambox. You should get message something like 'dreambox is alive and talking to us'. Now select the flsh option and then you will be prompted to do a flash erase. Do this. Image takes about 10 minutes to flash

13. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Thanks very much for your answer,however I have no problem flashing the box with an image.My problem is the box will not accept the image cams and becouse I have no image cam files I can't install a cline and only have FTA channels

14. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Not sure if this will help but have you tried transferring (using the FTP option on Dreambox Control Centre)the CCcam.cfg to the var/etc folder and the CCcam file to var/bin/emu folder. You have to rename the CCcam.pcc file to CCcam and give it full 755 atributes.

Ignore this, that info is only valvid for another type of image.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

just use pli image. you can download any cam you want from the pli plugin manager

16. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Thank You for Your help. As You may have gathered, I am not too competent with computers and don't know how to rename Ccam.pcc file and give it 755 attributes. Is there some step-by-step formula for this procedure I could follow? Thanking You.

17. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Thank You for your reply. Quite honestly I don't know how to execute your suggestion. If there is some step-by-step formula you could suggest I would be most grateful

18. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

The Pli image has CCcam 2.1.4 already installed so that should work. Download the image from here: http://openpli.org/download/dm500/
    Select the top one on the list, currently OpenPLi-beta-dm500-old-framebuffer-20130320-305.zip but these get updated daily.
    Unzip the file and then flash the .img file to your DM500s using Dream Up.
    After connecting the box to the TV and powering it up you will be asked to select the picture format, time zone and sat setup (similar to the NabiloV8 image) before performing a scan for the services.
    Once this has finished you can add your C-Line to the CCcam.cfg file using Dreambox Control Centre. Open up DCC and once connected click on FTP, go into the var/etc folder and right click on the CCcam.cfg file and select edit. You can delete all the lines in the file if you want, add your C-line then save and exit.
    Go into the SETUP menu on the box and go into the 'Softcam setup' tab. Change the Default Softcam to CCcam-2.1.4 and then select 'save and restart cam'. This should hopfully sort you out.

If you have your channels already organised they way you like on your box then you could use DreamBox Edit to save these to your PC before installing the OpenPli image and then re-send them to the box after installing the OplenPli image.

19. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Thank You for your suggestions which I followed with care. However. while I was able to install the Ccam 2.1.4. I found that when I selected any of the channels located by the scan, no picture appeared and the box switched itself off.

I downloaded four other Pli images from the link You suggested with the same result. It is beginning to look like the box is now only capable of receiving FTA channels. Thanking You for the help you have given me.

20. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

for starters cccam is already installed. all you need to do is edit a file pu a cline in and thats it. not rocket science so please!!!!!!!