1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC sports (red button) channel number

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by kidhugs, Sep 12, 2012.

1. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

I've managed to tune in my Openbox S9 so that it gets all the channels that I want.. (and then some) and I've edited them into favourites.. but the scan shows a bunch of optional channels for BBC red button... many of which were specifically dedicated to the Olympic coverage.
    The NFL has signed a deal that allows the BBC to air Monday Night Football and it is showing the games on it's BBC Sports Channel, which is a red button channel.... and, of course, the games don't come on until 1:30 am.. so I want to set a timer.. but can't do it without knowing the actual channel number.
    I tried it last week and got a nice four hour recording of some F1 racing...but no football.
    Is there one particular number that would correspond to the usual channel that BBC sports would use for it's red button channel?
    Thanks for the help.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

there are a a few chans, usually numbered etc, your going to have to look at them to see which is which and then change the name of the chan using an editor to what you want

EDIT - had a look and mine are under 6711, 6712 but your gonna have to double check as i dont know what numbers you have them scanned under

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  3. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

yeah - 6711 was the one I got the F1 racing from...

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yeah thats it, its on there now, 6711, 6712 etc those are the red button chans for BBC

5. kidhugs

kidhugs Member

Yes, I realise what numbers the buttons are.. my question was, "how do I know which red button channel the BBC is gonna show the 1:30 am game on?

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

the only way is to see which one relates to the BBC chan and name or change the red button chan accordingly, so if chan 6711 is the one they use for BBC1 red button, change the name of it tie it into BBC1, call it BBC1 RED, if they change or if that chan isnt static and they change this each time to either or the other chan, then your snookered, if you get me, if 6711 is the static chan for BBC1 Red button then your good to go