1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digibox xl usb

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by les1967, Mar 12, 2010.

1. les1967

les1967 Member

Hi all
    I brought a new digibox xl usb and tried loading the firmwire using usb but rushed into it and mucked up the box getting a 8882 message on the screen. I sent it back costing me and the company returned it so i again tried to install the firmwire but this time using the instruction that were downloaded with the firm wire switching the unit off fully before inserting the usb stick then go to usb and then download the bin file onto the unit i waited didn`t go any were near it the down load got to 100% then said it was going to reboot in 20 secs and then 8882 error again what the hell is going on i cant send it back again. is there a box out there on the market that actually works idiot free

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

bit late for that now mate, they will be all gone in the coming weeks, read the Nagra 3 thread, boxs will be all gone in the coming weeks and no fixs for them

3. les1967

les1967 Member

so basically any box that i buy will be no good in the next few weeks so i have really wasted the initial 85 pound and the 15 pound to get it back after the first cock up

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

in a nutshell mate, yeah. change of encryption which is in full swing and no fix for it

5. les1967

les1967 Member

thanks for the heads up mate and saving my living room windows as thats were the unit nearly ended going 20 minutes ago better let my boss know he has been using a kryptview box for a while and told me to do the same i might not tell him and wait till he starts screaming when he cant get any channels then point him to this forum for answers lol