1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox Purchase Warning

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Nov 15, 2012.

1. e45

e45 Regular member

Folks a word of warning if you are thinking about going the SAT route and looking to buy a Dreambox, "DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE PEOPLE IN THE LIST BELOW"If you do you will either not receive your good or they will put the price up after you have purchased which they done with me after i paid them, luckily i paid them via PayPal, the first problem was with the payment they said i paid in euro, then when i said i paid in GBP they came back saying i still need to pay them extra from what the price was, when i look on their website again they had increased the price on it, just as well i had kept a screen shot of the website when i did purchase.

I told them to refund the money back to my account, which they said they would and guess what no further contact, i done a look around and guess what came across a post on another forum with same problem, and lesson here to be learned do your homework before buying a box, here below is the post i found on DK.

Just a warning do not buy from dreambox parts you do not get your product !!!!!!!!

after speaking to azhar naveed the owner of dreambox parts i was told the box i wanted to buy was out of stock and he told me he had some other box in stock so i ordered that one instead fully expecting delivery with in a few days !!! like i have had before from his previous web site alspey satellite , which i bought about 4 boxes in the past which came the next day ,

So i contacted azhar naveed and he couldnt confirm my order so i sent him the order details and he then told me i would have the box by last monday , monday came no box so i emailed him and he said he would dhl it still no box,

Wednesday he informed me the box was out of stock and would have to come from china 7-10 days which would have been ok if he had told me this 7 days beforehand

so i asked for a refund which he said he would send later , no refund , i emailed no reply (Sounds Familiar to what i got as well)

so i have informed paypal and opened a dispute with azhar naveed with which he still hasnt responded

so a warning before you order anything form dreambox parts think again

im giving it until monday and if no refund i will be driving up to huddersfield to the address that is listed for aspley sat and demanding my money and the money for my fuel and wasting my time .

Here is the names of the Companies below

Dreamboxme.co.uk
    Dreamboxparts.co.uk
    or This guy azhar naveed
    aspley sat

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. e45

e45 Regular member

Just got a refund, will i ever deal with this guy or any of his associated company DEFO NOT be a million miles away.

LESSON TO BE LEARNED HERE GUYS DO YOUR HOME WORK FIRST

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

blimey they must have been named and shamed truly.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

have experience of dreambox.me.uk, as e45 says would never by a box from them from recent experience

5. pippster

pippster Member

Would anyone have a decent website that I could purchase one from? Are dreambox teh best one to use from Ireland and do they do recording?

6. dinnyc

dinnyc Member

i always buy from satbox.com.very reliable.if you order by 2pm you will get it the nxt day

7. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Are they still up and running??

I have been trying to get in touch with the guy that runs it for a while now,,and I've had no luck at all.

Thought they might have went to ground.

8. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Are they still up and running??

I have been trying to get in touch with the guy that runs it for a while now,,and I've had no luck at all.

Thought they might have went to ground.

9. e45

e45 Regular member

Looked on that site sound like the same cowboys i was dealing with, here today gone tomorrow !!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

I wouldn't say "here today gone tomorrow".

I have been buying stuff of them for over a year...It's just recently I wanted to get in touch with them for some info,,but got no reply...I kept trying with both emails,and texts,,but still got no reply.
    So I've decided not to buy anything from there now as I don't know if they are still up and running or not.

11. dinnyc

dinnyc Member

i havent bought a box from them in the last month.but when i lost an image recently i emailed and they sent on the image.you get the box with just image installed.and a lot of other friends bought recently.as it says on the site next day delivery.its an honest site.

12. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

You got a reply after emailing them??

Hmmmm...I must have said or done something wrong to them so..I've had no reply from them in 2 months now.

Ahh well,,their loss,,I'll go buy stuff somewhere else.

13. dinnyc

dinnyc Member

ya never had any bother bud.maybe send another.

14. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Yeah,,I may do..

I never had bother with them either,I have to add.

It's just I was going to order something from them,,but I wanted to ask a question about the product first..So when I go no replies,,I decided to hold off..

15. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

Do you mean Satbox.com or Satboxes.com, if it's the later, yes they are up & running & I would recommend them as I've never had problems with them, either with products or email. No, I'm not associated with them in anyway before anyone asks, but I have found them to be very reliable.

16. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

Hi guys maybe people should send in the names of good vendors (good experiences) and a list could be compiled for peeps to choose for themselves no need to submit baddies.

17. dinnyc

dinnyc Member

satboxes.com is the one.i emailed them 2 nites ago and got a responce an hour later.as i said they are very good.not gangsters.

18. jken

jken Member

i buy boxes from satboxes .com on a weekly basis and they are genuine 100%. you could not get better . if you unlucky to get a faulty box he replaces it straight away. i have even met the man on a few accasions if i needed anything on a saturday he would drive to dub to meet me so they are far from cowboys and his prices are good

19. visiondvd

visiondvd Member

Hi all
    Maybe its an idea to share buying experiences we have had, good and bad, name and shame and so on.
    Satboxes.com seem a bit expensive for most items, £70 for skybox f3 i paid £45 elsewhere.
    I have used satsklep pl, and was quite happy with price etc until I recieved a couple of faulty boxes.
    they want me to pay postage and return them to be fixed and returned to me, even though they were doa.
    This is ongoing.
    Up to now I have paid £43/£45 for f3 box and £45 for 102e ariva and £60 for 202e ariva.
    All quite decent boxes for the money.
    Anybody with any links for a regualr supply of a good box at a good price welcome.

20. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Yeah,,,it's Satboxes.com.

I never ever had trouble with them either..Bought some good stuff from them,and always got it fast. And a fab back-up service too if it was ever required.

As I said,,just sent a few mails and texts about something a few weeks ago,,but never got a reply.

So,,as suggested earlier,I'll try again.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.