1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreambox setup 4 digit code

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by d_bajan, Jan 7, 2014.

1. d_bajan

d_bajan Member

hi
    my dm 500c has a 4 digit code and i can't get into the box is there a way to find out the 4 digit password when i go into menu .. setup press ok the box ask for 4 pin code i have also tried dcc and the password is also not dreambox so how do i get to find out the passwords please help

2. MichaelPhillipis

MichaelPhillipis Newbie

Most Dreambox remotes use setup codes which have an an offset of 30 compared to ordinary UEI remotes. So try 0178 + 0030 = 0208...

3. d_bajan

d_bajan Member

Hi
    i will try but this is a dreambox that someone had programmed for me and put a 4 digit code so only he can get into the setup so that is the why i an trying to find out it there is a program to set up that code and get or change the code like i have a program to change the dcc password from dreambox to anything i want it to be so hope you can help me thanks will let you know if the number 0208 works thanks

4. piopat

piopat Active member

you have 3 options as I see it
    1/ ask the guy that set the box up for the pin number
    2/ delete the current pin number
    3/ reflash the box

(a factory reset may work to reset the pin but its a very slim chance)

if option 1 is not an option , then you either have to reflash the box remove the current pin .and the only way to remove the pin (without reflashing)is to either use dream control center or a program called tuxbox (its also called tuxcom), but if your box is pin locked its probably password locked aswell meaninging that if you don't have the password dcc wont allow you access to the box (but try it just in case as it may work) . so tuxbox/tuxcom may be the only option if so go to your addons menu and look for tuxbox/tuxcom and if its there install the plugin . if it isn't there and option 1 is not an option and dcc doesn't work then you have to reflash .

here are instructions to locate and remove the pin on e1 and e2 boxes , its the same thing using dcc or tuxbox .

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENIGMA 1 BOXES

in the box on the left double click on the file called var to open it , then double click on the file called tuxbox to open it , then double click on the file called config to open it , and lastly double click on the file called enigma to open it .

There should be a file called config , click on this file one time to highlight it and then right click on it , a pop up box will appear with various options such as view /edit /delete etc (click on View)now look for lines like these

i:/elitedvb/pins/parentallock=
    i:/elitedvb/pins/setuplock=

These are hex numbers. Use your windows calculator in Scientific mode, click on Hex, enter the value in your file (last 4 numbers, not with the zeros in front of them), click Dec and that will be your pin.

i:/elitedvb/pins/setuplock=
    At the end of this Line, you will find different numbers/letters
    Example:-
    i:/elitedvb/pins/setuplock=000001cf
    The value 000001cf is in HEX and should be converted to Decimal
    In this example, HEX 000001cf is equivalent to DEC 463
    So here the Set-Up Lock PIN is 0463
    Note that your Set-Up Lock PIN will always have four digits.
    There you go, that was easy!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENIGMA 2 BOXES

AS ABOVE YOU NEED DREAM CONTROL CENTER SO I WILL ASSUME YOU HAVE IT AND ITS SET UP .

IN THE BOX ON THE LEFT DOUBLE CLICK ON ETC TO OPEN IT , THEN DOUBLE CLICK ON ENIGMA2 TO OPEN IT , NOW CLICK ON THE FILE CALLED SETTINGS ONE TIME TO HIGHLIGHT IT AND THEN RIGHT CLICK ON IT . AS ABOVE A POP UP BOX WILL APPEAR WITH OPTIONS SO CLICK ON VIEW . SHOULD SEE A LOT OF LINES THAT START WITH CONFIG LIKE THIS

config.ParentalControl.setuppin=1234
    config.ParentalControl.configured=true
    config.ParentalControl.setuppinactive=true

THE TOP LINE IS THE LINE WITH THE PIN NUMBER ,MAKE A NOTE OF THE PIN AND EXIT DCC AND THEN ENTER YOUR PIN ON YOUR BOX THATS IT . YOU CAN OF COURSE DELETE THE PIN IF YOU WISH BUT THERES REALLY NO NEED IF YOU CAN EASILY SEE WHAT IT IS , BUT SHOULD YOU WANT TO DELETE THE PIN JUST CLICK ON EDIT INSTEAD OF VIEW AND DELETE THE 4 DIGITS AT THE END OF THE LINE , YOU BOX WILL HAVE NO PIN THEN .

PIN NUMBERS ARE ALWAYS 4 DIGITS LONG SO FOR EAXAMPLE IF YOU DO THE ABOVE AND YOU SEE
    config.ParentalControl.setuppin=4

THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOUR PIN NUMBER IS JUST 4 , IT MEANS YOUR PIN NUMBER IS 0004 , SO THEN IN THAT CASE ON YOUR BOX YOU WOULD ENTER 0004 .

THIS GUIDE IS SUITABLE FOR USE ON ANY ENIGMA 1 OR ENIGMA 2 BOX SUCH AS DM500 /DM800 /BLADE BM 500 /TM800/ AMIKO ALIEN / VU+ SOLO ETC ETC