AfterDawn Forums

Dreambox Sim

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

I currently have a Dreambox DM800 HD se that is flashed with the Newnigma 2 image. I would rather change to LT8 as I'm more familiar with this and it seems more stable, but when I try to flash this image it tells me it's invalid or out of date. I believe this is cause my SIM now says SIM 2 & 4 where as on the LT8 image it says SIM201. My question is can I downgrade my SIM so I can install this image and if so how do I go about it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
downloader bootloader 82 or 84 from dreamboxuk.com. flash image and then bootloader and all sorted.
Thanks so much for replying, I'll try this when I get home tonight. One question though, you said to flash the image and then the boot loader, but how do I flash the image first when I get a 'invalid or out of date' message when trying to flash?
fair point. flash bootloader, image and then bootloader again
Thanks a million mate that worked perfectly!
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.