1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e45 Help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bflakes01, Feb 5, 2013.

1. bflakes01

bflakes01 Member

Hello e45
    i am totally new to the group and i have just bought myself the skybox F3
    Can you please provide me with the following info.
    1)Do i need to sign up with any provider before it can be activated (Ie get a smart card or something)
    2)My tv has HDMI and i also have internet access,do i need to connect it with the internet.
    3)I tried googling this 'Cline' but i didn't get anything concrete,can you please explain exactly what it is so i don't get the wrong stuff.
    4)is there anyway you can show the internet connection to the box via a picture.
    I will really appreciate it if you can assist as i have somebody who says i have to pay into an account and then he will sed me a USB before i start using the skybox f3

cheers

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum due to poster's blindness as not a "linux general discussion" issue.

3. cactikid

cactikid Active member

sat boxes can be used as freesat but if you want movies and sports then yes you will need a provider to open encrypted channels.
    satbox will need a dish and internet for box to work.
    sealion or cline is inputted into box like a code .
    a lanport is the same on anything be it laptop,or pc

4. e45

e45 Regular member

1)Do i need to sign up with any provider before it can be activated (Ie get a smart card or something)

Nope you do have to have a dish on your property

2)My tv has HDMI and i also have internet access,do i need to connect it with the internet.

Yes you need a net connection to view subscription channels

3)I tried googling this 'Cline' but i didn't get anything concrete,can you please explain exactly what it is so i don't get the wrong stuff.

you need to google sky cardsharing

4)is there anyway you can show the internet connection to the box via a picture.

Dont understand this question sorry

You will need a line its called a cline you will need to put this on your box if you want to watch movies and sports, if not you can watch the freeview channels and it will cost you nothing, a cline will prob cost you 10 / 15 a month

If you have cable get the KV 850 HD box you purchase the box flash it and watch it no extra cost involved simple.

5. bflakes01

bflakes01 Member

Also
    Please where can i get to buy the Cline in question

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

asking for clines on the fourm is a no no, google is your friend there