1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

end of kryptview?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sharpspc, Mar 3, 2011.

1. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

2. balcee

balcee Regular member

It's working but not for long. The new "firmware" is riddled with flaws. I give it 14 days before it's dead in the water again.

3. sharpspc

sharpspc Member

reports on other forums say april 4th server back on!
    anyone confirm this or news on that?

4. menszone

menszone Member

so someone says the 780 boxes will be back on the 4.4.11?

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

well me mates subbed box is down ( middlesbrough area )he rang virgin and they said it will be back on on monday so seems plausible

6. jammo2002

jammo2002 Regular member

i hear e45 changed his user name
    same user name that posted a fix
    for sv boxes a few days back.

but i agree john - e45 slammed
    sv boxes - stating kv best thing
    out there..

now were is he...not 1 comment.

never trusted the guy seemed
    to sleezy for my liking

here he is spectra 17 - now crawling the sv threads
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-59/starview_new_firmware-891936/

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  7. jken

jken Member

E45 is no sleaze bag he was always here to help those that were only learning [everyday is a school day] and spectra 17 is not him as i know him personally.when he was slating SV he was saying their support was s...e not the boxes and you never know where you stood with them. unlike the KV ther is always good support and back up when needed.there are other reasons why he is not on this forum as much as he was.anyway just keep the fingers crossed that KV back up and running ASAP

8. bash62

bash62 Regular member

yep i agree e45 helped me many times so get off the guys back

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The guy hasnt posted in a long while, apart for the other day, could he have probs at home? personal issue? death in the family? Love how two faced some people are on here, if some one told you to buy a Ford and it breaks down, is it that guys fault it broke down? Nope, people can only recommend something which is working at the time and is best of whats out these

This is the first time the Krypt has a major issue, you got a short memory or someting regarding Starviews? nothing but probs with them, raided twice in Ire and UK, back on line just to sell they back log of boxs they have and when they are gone, bye bye starview. Regarding usernames on here, there are a few on here at that game, so if you want to highlight those also, feel free,

10. borolad

borolad Member

deal with it,you new the risks when buying the box.

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

support mickahs viewpoint. e45 (who i have had many issues with) has at least supplied an advice service free of charge to many users on this forum. for those who have lost picture, well it comes with the game. u just need to stay ahead. but to stay ahead you have to understand how the game works.

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Starview have had 7 boxs in the last 3 to 4 years, 1 to 5 never worked properly, nothing but issues and glitches with them, SV6 was released in Ire, Irish got 3 months or so out of em, then out comes sv6 in UK and and then Sv7 within months,

they havent been on for a full 12 months since they came out, that is fact, off and on, for days at a time, constantly...

SV were raided in Ire, left the irish punters with sweet FA, they were raided in the UK, again boxs were off since then and only back on now, loads of chans missing, SV combo box and the other box, DDIGITAL Duo (staview in disguise) not working, There are load of these boxs sitting around, manufactured and also the sellers have em to, thats an awful lot of money tied up in them, so... its in their best interest to get it working to shift these boxs...none of these box makers offer 12 months (SV or Krypt), nothing in this game is guarenteed, As long as folks connect to a system they are not supposed to and folks use equipment to do it with, they will run the daily risk of being caught and shut down, folks need to realize this, as we have seen with the SV and also the Krypt going off,

Some people think once they buy a box, they have a god given right to free TV using that box, you dont, you are using a box which has been modified to view these chans, once that bit has been done, you now run the gauntlet like the guys hosting the uploaders and servers, "How long will this stay on for" if it lasts a day, thats it, you paid your money and took yer chance, if you get a year from it, great its paid for itself tenfold and more, there are no certainties using any boxs, you want certainties? pay for a sub, that way when its goes nipples up, you can ring a support line

Now....Do you want to spend your hard earned money on box from them now????

13. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

bright side, does turn the game back to a hobby rather than a simple buy the box and watch the channel stuff. so no arguments at that, spent the last 4 days reworking config files to allow them to work for a while longer. takes time, effort and most of all an interest to learn.

14. g7rjo

g7rjo Regular member

Well said.Too many people slagging others.Mickah and e45 always there to help people.
    I'm sure e45 has a life not ,stuck on here to listen to people moans and groans all the time.

15. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

I agree, too much bitching on here. Let's just all keep fu**ing virmin and sly. I'd rather eat my own feet than go with them.

16. londonjon

londonjon Member

The guy hasnt posted in a long while, apart for the other day, could he have probs at home? personal issue? death in the family? Love how two faced some people are on here, if some one told you to buy a Ford and it breaks down, is it that guys fault it broke down? Nope, people can only recommend something which is working at the time and is best of whats out these

This is the first time the Krypt has a major issue, you got a short memory or someting regarding Starviews? nothing but probs with them, raided twice in Ire and UK, back on line just to sell they back log of boxs they have and when they are gone, bye bye starview. Regarding usernames on here, there are a few on here at that game, so if you want to highlight those also, feel free,[/quote]

Wether back on line to shift boxes or otherwise, if were honest will KV be back because of there need to keep customers happy, "NO"

It's all about financial gain, the day they stop making money is the day all these IKS servers pull the plug and walk away.

17. cordite

cordite Member

come on guys, HOW MUCH HAVE WE SAVED OVER THE YEARS. Let time tell. All may be good.
    HOPEFULLY. Cordite..

18. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Well said

19. situl2005

situl2005 Regular member

also we should be happy that these people have given us this free viewing opportunity without having to fork out £100 a month for full sub. I think the only people complaining are the ones who have only bought this kv box in the last 6 months and therefore see it as a waste of money. Believe me it hurts when you looking forward to a big footy game, movie or in my case the ICC WC and the box goes. I'm left fuming. But its not there fault they get caught. they doing all this at a risk and to make money, but then who wouldn't if they knew the technology. So lets just hope and pray the guy who got arrested gets away with it just like we all have when using the kv box. in the end we are also stealing from Virgin or sky. If it comes back on good on them, if not then it aint the end. Soon or later someone else will stand up and come forward to carry on where others have failed.

20. g7rjo

g7rjo Regular member

Great stuff mate.Thats the right way forward.You could of watched the cricket from the nagra 3 toolbar