AfterDawn Forums

glitchy dreambox

This discussion thread has 31 messages.

#1
Hi all last night my dreambox 800 hd pvr started to act up ,gets glithy and freezes every few seconds so i have decided to reflash and wanted to ask you all which image is good to use especially for a decent 7 day epg .The dreambox has a bl82 and 2.01 sim .By the way is there a reflash guide i could go by ?
Cheers !

Y.N.W.A.
dreambox/t.v. remote codes(pg 35) http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
▼▼ This topic has 30 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
#2
it could be down to ur supplyer try another cline m8 to try it out
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Jun 2012 @ 12:44
#3
as darn said. i had same trouble bought a cline just from googling about them, turns out it was doing what yours is so i lost 60 quid, found a private share and its flawless
#4
thanks for reply lads,Been with the same guy for 10 months now never any probs, I reset my router and seems ok now ,would still like to reflash for a good epg any ideas on a good image?

Y.N.W.A.
dreambox/t.v. remote codes(pg 35) http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
#5
best dm800 ss82 image, bootloader integrated, just flash http://www.dreamboxuk.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=82
#6
Originally posted by fintannl:
best dm800 ss82 image, bootloader integrated, just flash http://www.dreamboxuk.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=82
Cheers Fintan , will try it out the weekend !

Y.N.W.A.
dreambox/t.v. remote codes(pg 35) http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
#7
Hi all ,
Back again with this "glitching" prob I don't think its my supplier because the glitching happens even on free to air so supplier said it could be the satellite dish .The problem is when watching any channel i get a kind of scrambled/pix-elated screen ,this happens for a second and then may go again a few seconds later until eventually the picture freezes but the sound continues .By this time the remote won't work and I have to pull the plug on the dreambox .Today i was updating the epg and i got a green screen and the box rebooted ,I opened dcc and the root memory is 81% full ,would this be a problem? could i delete files from it, if so what files ! any help would be great
Cheers!

May have found the problem , i think its my upc broadband tried to watch a you tube vid and its the same picture freeze and sound jumping , techy coming out thurs.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Jul 2012 @ 12:10

Y.N.W.A.
dreambox/t.v. remote codes(pg 35) http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
#8
most likely reason is that you have downloaded crossepg from tspanel. most recent version of crossepg on tspanel is faulty. it loads program guide into flash rather than putting it in usb or hdd even if you configure it as such. then the box becomes unstable as there is too much happening in flash. load crossepg from here
https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-CrossEPG/downloads
select the file
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git274+3e635ee-r0_mipsel.ipk

save the enigma2 crossepg plugin supplied to your pc
open flashfxp and connect to the box
open the /tmp folder on the right hand part of screen.
on the left hand side locate the crossepg plugin, right click on it and transfer it to the dreambox



check the ipaddress of your dreambox by going to menu/setup/system/network/adaptor settings
then open command prompt. easiest way to do this is press windows start button on yur laptop and type command prompt into the search field.

within the command prompt type telnet 192.168.x.x where x.x relects the ip address of your tv box.

put in root for username and dreambox for password

then type in the command below

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git274+3e635ee-r0_mipsel.ipk

(this update will take a minute)

now go to your tv and go to menu/setup/crossepg and configure as before
#9
Originally posted by fintannl:


within the command prompt type telnet 192.168.x.x where x.x relects the ip address of your tv box.

put in root for username and dreambox for password

then type in the command below

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git274+3e635ee-r0_mipsel.ipk

(this update will take a minute)

now go to your tv and go to menu/setup/crossepg and configure as before
Hi Finntannl,
When I type in telnet and ipaddress I get a new screen with:
***dream elite 1.33DV3 phoenix***
by Prz Group Italy ( original code by Dream Elite Team )

OpenDreambox 1.6.0 dm800

dm800 login:

At this stage i type "root" and then i get :

" root@dm800:~# "
I cannot login , I have used "root" "dreambox" and "pass" to log in and all have failed ,any ideas? cheers!

Y.N.W.A.
dreambox/t.v. remote codes(pg 35) http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
#10
this prompt indicates you are logged in. In many cases it is not necessary to put a password
#11
if your free to air are same, its got to be dish or cable.. most likely is water in cable over period of time .
#12
not true, dm800 has 300mhz processor and if flash is filled with program guide it slows the box to virtually zero, hence the pixellation
#13
well i cant afford dream800 m8, so i wouldnt no.. damn you got me again fint... clever dude old m8
#14
Originally posted by fintannl:
this prompt indicates you are logged in. In many cases it is not necessary to put a password
Think thats it ! went through settings and did a new epg download so fingers crossed.
Once again thanks for your help and by the way the image you suggested is top notch!

Cheers

Y.N.W.A.
dreambox/t.v. remote codes(pg 35) http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
#15
as a suggestion while i use this version of crossepg on my vuduo and it has never failed it does seems to fail on the dreambox be times. so couple of tips. one is checking if your epg is stored in flash or on a storage device. now here i assume you have configured crossepg to download to either usb or hdd. if its all working as it should and you now have program guide then next thing is you should go menu button/dreamelite shutdown/restart. After the restart check if your epg is there. If so then it must be properly stored on your external device rather than flash, because if if it was on flash the reboot would have cleared all program guide.

next thing is that some nights (on a dm800) the crossepg will not update. so go on a channel, press blue button, then blue button again and select cron manager. Select add and then add a job to reboot box at 03.55am. Then add another job to put box in standby at 04.05. This is all under the assumption that you configured crossepg to default settings where it downloads once a day at 04.00am. with the dm800 i've always found that crossepg downloads after a reboot so what you have just done is reboot the box at 03.55am, done your program download at 0.400am and put your box back to sleep at 04.05am
#16
Originally posted by fintannl:
as a suggestion while i use this version of crossepg on my vuduo and it has never failed it does seems to fail on the dreambox be times. so couple of tips. one is checking if your epg is stored in flash or on a storage device. now here i assume you have configured crossepg to download to either usb or hdd. if its all working as it should and you now have program guide then next thing is you should go menu button/dreamelite shutdown/restart. After the restart check if your epg is there. If so then it must be properly stored on your external device rather than flash, because if if it was on flash the reboot would have cleared all program guide.

next thing is that some nights (on a dm800) the crossepg will not update. so go on a channel, press blue button, then blue button again and select cron manager. Select add and then add a job to reboot box at 03.55am. Then add another job to put box in standby at 04.05. This is all under the assumption that you configured crossepg to default settings where it downloads once a day at 04.00am. with the dm800 i've always found that crossepg downloads after a reboot so what you have just done is reboot the box at 03.55am, done your program download at 0.400am and put your box back to sleep at 04.05am
Thanks again Fintan,
All is well according to the first paragraph . I don't leave anything plugged in at night so I have the crosspeg to update at 3 p.m. everyday so I'll stick with that.
Cheers!

Y.N.W.A.
dreambox/t.v. remote codes(pg 35) http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
#17
so problem solved or still glitchy?
#18
Originally posted by fintannl:
so problem solved or still glitchy?
Well thats why I said fingers crossed in an earlier post! . So far so good ,no sign of any glitch but when I started this thread it was the 3rd of June and I was back again on the 7th July so I'll give it a while for a final answer :)
Cheers!

Y.N.W.A.
dreambox/t.v. remote codes(pg 35) http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
#19
hear you :-)
#20
Hi atghawkin,,

I wonder has your problem been resolved?

I also have this problem with the glitching,,and it is most annoying. I'm on My second "server" within 2 years,and also a different type of box,,and I still get the glitching.

Picture freezes for a second,sometimes 2 seconds,and when it comes back,,the picture is out of sync with the sound. So I have to change channel,and then go back..

If yours is fixed,,I'd go about trying that,after a lot more reading up on it. (Total Newbe).


Thanks.
#21
Hi Alfa,
I was going to reply on this thread because all seems to be well (touch wood!).In saying that on the 12th of this month i was contacted by "my provider" and given a new c-line so maybe there is something behind that?. Anyway on the upside my epg is the dogs b*ll*x and dreambox is glitch free! .One more thing, I never experienced the sound going out of sync so you may have a different problem. Is your broadband ok? I ask this because like I said in post #7 when playing a you tube vid it still freezes and sound "breaks" i had upc out and they said they would monitor the modem for 8 to 10 days ,
Cheers!
#22
check your dish alignment. different boxes, different provider, same problem. sounds like your dish might need fine tuning.
#23
Originally posted by atghawkin:
Hi Alfa,
I was going to reply on this thread because all seems to be well (touch wood!).In saying that on the 12th of this month i was contacted by "my provider" and given a new c-line so maybe there is something behind that?. Anyway on the upside my epg is the dogs b*ll*x and dreambox is glitch free! .One more thing, I never experienced the sound going out of sync so you may have a different problem. Is your broadband ok? I ask this because like I said in post #7 when playing a you tube vid it still freezes and sound "breaks" i had upc out and they said they would monitor the modem for 8 to 10 days ,
Cheers!
Hi atghawkin,
I'm using an OpenboxS9 now...But I still have the Dreambox,,but with just the fta's,,and it stil glitches.
The broadband is fine...No bother playing anything on the pc,lappy,,or any other devices.
I have no idea about sorting the epg,so I'll look into that.

Thanks again.
#24
Originally posted by fintannl:
check your dish alignment. different boxes, different provider, same problem. sounds like your dish might need fine tuning.
Hi fintannl,
Think it might be worth looking into??

I just done a quick check there now...The OpenboxS9 is reading Signal Intensity 85% and Signal Quality is 74%.

The normal Sky+ box is reading Signal Strenth is very poor,with just a tiny "Grey-Block" showing,,And the Signal Quality is showing at nearly full.

Hope this helps.


.
#25
every openbox i have put on my wires in my house all read 74/75% signal but when i try other boxes i get 96% so i would take much info from openbox i used starview hd combo to help set my signal and all been spon on in 4 rooms
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.