AfterDawn Forums

HD channels freezing on Blade

This discussion thread has 16 messages.

#1
I am having problems with Blade receiver as all my HD & non HD channels keep freezing for 10 to 15 seconds regularly.
Please if anyone have any idea or a solution to sort this problems will be great help.
Thank you.
Regards,
Faruqi
▼▼ This topic has 15 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
#2
moved to correct forum due to poster's blindness as not a news issue.
#3
Either you dish is out of line and you have a poor signal or your have slow internet speed, but more often than not your server is overloaded. Try your box on another dish at someone elses house or try your line on another box.
#4
check ECM
#5
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I will need to have the dish checked soon. Thank you. Please tell me what is ECM as well.
Regards,
Faruqi
#6
sounds like a server issue as im sure if its the dish it would come up no signal like on most boxes or i have noticed in some ppls house that have low internet speeds that it happens if some 1 on pc or downloading stuff
#7
Hello darn24p,
My broadband is with SKY and the speed is 8Mbps, which I think is pretty good.
These freezing of the picture and sound is defiantly is the signals problems as I have to use Forward Path Attenuator from 3dB to 20dB., but to do this will stabilise the picture on some available channels and those channels are available looses the picture. It is the dish location has gone wrong.
First step I need to take action to sort out my dish, if this cure the problems then I will be happy to enjoy watching TV.

Regards,
Faruqi
#8
Originally posted by faruqi:
Hello darn24p,
My broadband is with SKY and the speed is 8Mbps, which I think is pretty good.
These freezing of the picture and sound is defiantly is the signals problems as I have to use Forward Path Attenuator from 3dB to 20dB., but to do this will stabilise the picture on some available channels and those channels are available looses the picture. It is the dish location has gone wrong.
First step I need to take action to sort out my dish, if this cure the problems then I will be happy to enjoy watching TV.

Regards,
Faruqi
how does free to air channels work? bbc 1 2, itv and channel 4 etc?
#9
Hi,
Freeview channels works fine on the Sky receiver. The Sky receiver is just an excellent receiver, even the dish is bit out of alignment even then the channels works fine. On the sky box you can check the signals strength as well, but unfortunately not on the Blade.
Regards,
Faruqi
#10
no he ment does the FTA chans work on the blade such BBC, ITV etc? if they do, then it could be your line provider or server overload

hm-9001s Chan Editor - https://hotfile.com/dl/184330990/a6b825a/PolarEditOctagon10x8Setup_0.725.zip.html
Ariva 250 Patched Firmware -
Ariva 250 Chan Editor - http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/downl...mbo/Editor.zip/
Ariva 150 Patched -
#11
Originally posted by MICKAH:
no he ment does the FTA chans work on the blade such BBC, ITV etc? if they do, then it could be your line provider or server overload
aye
#12
Originally posted by faruqi:
Hi,
Freeview channels works fine on the Sky receiver. The Sky receiver is just an excellent receiver, even the dish is bit out of alignment even then the channels works fine. On the sky box you can check the signals strength as well, but unfortunately not on the Blade.
Regards,
Faruqi
so if channels work fine on the sky box why would you think dish isnt in line? the blade is a really good box and your dish does not move once you swap the boxes over, i would get on to your c-line supplier as the sky box is excellent at picking up channels then the blade also should be
#13
Originally posted by MICKAH:
no he ment does the FTA chans work on the blade such BBC, ITV etc? if they do, then it could be your line provider or server overload
Yes BBC1/HD ,ITV/HD, Ch4/HD, BBCHD they all works fine, except for Ch5HD. I have been keep telling my subs provider and he knows about this problems but he says the subs is okay. I think I need to find some other provider who is more reliable who can provide better subs.

I have bought a meter to set-up or check my dish as well. I hope to get this device by the end of this week. I will then be able to check my dish to be sure of one thing is correct.
I tell you this freezing and loss of sound is very annoying.
I have also ask SKY broadband to check my router and line and they told me everything is working fine. Well we will hope to find the solution one days.
regard,
Faruqi
#14
copied and pasted from elsewhere
Is there a way to test your ecm times on this box???
Dont think so mate..




can anyone shed any light on this? surely you can find ECM on a blade?
#15
Originally posted by tongs007:
Originally posted by faruqi:
Hi,
Freeview channels works fine on the Sky receiver. The Sky receiver is just an excellent receiver, even the dish is bit out of alignment even then the channels works fine. On the sky box you can check the signals strength as well, but unfortunately not on the Blade.
Regards,
Faruqi
so if channels work fine on the sky box why would you think dish isnt in line? the blade is a really good box and your dish does not move once you swap the boxes over, i would get on to your c-line supplier as the sky box is excellent at picking up channels then the blade also should be
I suspect my dish because the man was fixing my gutter and he has hit the dish about two months ago, so I thought it is better to check the dish for the satisfaction sake. I am hoping to do this next week.
#16
well if it were the dish the rest of the chans would be the same FTA and encrypted, glitching, something tells me its your cline supplier running a overloaded system and your being fed a horeshit sandwich, why dont you get a test line from elsewhere and this will reveal if its the cline or dish, but if your FTA chans are working fine then its not your dish

hm-9001s Chan Editor - https://hotfile.com/dl/184330990/a6b825a/PolarEditOctagon10x8Setup_0.725.zip.html
Ariva 250 Patched Firmware -
Ariva 250 Chan Editor - http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/downl...mbo/Editor.zip/
Ariva 150 Patched -
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.