AfterDawn Forums

Help me with dreambox 500s problem

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

Hi, I bought a dreambox 500s and I have some problems with it. I was following the '
A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING' guide.

Ok so i downloaded the files needed and plugged my dreambox into my laptop and ran dream up. Then I get a message saying 'cant find any com ports - aborting'.

Do I have the correct cables? I cant seem to get this working. I am trying this on a laptop running windows 7. Heres the box and cables I bought:

Dreambox DM500S Satellite Receiver
StarTech 10 ft DB9 RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable F/M
USB 2.0 to Serial RS232 DB9 9 Pin Female Data Transfer Camera PC Converter Cable
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Feb 2013 @ 10:44
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
download a ready to go image, pli jade is best for dreambox, use dreambox control centre . ftp image tru telnet on box.. lol google has the answer to all your problems
or get yourself a older computer with RS232 Serial connection on the back,
you can then go into the computer settings and sellect the comports 1 or 2
then when you open dreamup click on the serial port that you picked and that should be you connected to the dreambox.
Originally posted by pudzyryan:
download a ready to go image, pli jade is best for dreambox, use dreambox control centre . ftp image tru telnet on box.. lol google has the answer to all your problems
Commando 14.7 blows pli jade out the water auto bouquets no more arsing with channel lists.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.