1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to install kryptview a780 on windows 7

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by humbaw, Sep 26, 2010.

1. humbaw

humbaw Regular member

here is a quick guide to installing a780 software using windows 7 took a bit of time for me to suss out but got there.

1.connect box to a laptop/pc(i used laptop)

2.you will get message can not find driver click on help if this don't come up go to devices and printers and right click the unknown device and troubleshoot it and diagnose the problem windows will help you find the driver,just follow it through u want to install prolific driver.

3.once u have installed driver u will now need to change the baudrate and com port for the device to do this go back to devices and printers right click again on the prolific device go to properties,now click the hardware tab click properties then go to change settings then click the port setting tab from here change the bits per second to 115200 now click advance and change com port number to com 1 press ok and and same with all previous screens.

4.now open the loader u may have got from e45 and click download open the file this may also have been obtained from e45 version 09092010 don't click start yet power OFF ur box now click start then QUICKLY power back on download should start wait till the box reboots,do a factory reset and scan again and there u have it all channels bk on.

hope this made sense...probably not lol

2. e45

e45 Regular member

THIS IS FOR XP

First go to start go to my computer righ click and go to properties

go to hardware tab >> device manager go to ports ( COM & LPT )

click on the little + sign and find com port 1 or what ever com port number it says remember the number Communications Port

click on it to highlight it then right click it go to properties then look for port setting tab on top

click that i there you will see

bits per second set this to ======= 115200

data bits ========= 8

parity ============ None

stop bits ========= 1

flow control ====== None

then go to advance button and press ok

next setting in there is

tick the top option MAKE SURE THIS IS TICKED

receiver buffer ======== High (14)

Transmit buffer ======== High (16)

com port number use the tab on the side and change it to 1 if it says in use ignore it and force it to use this

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU DO THESE SETTING YOU PRESS OK ON THE RIGHT TO SAVE ON FIRST BOX

THEN OK ON THE NEXT BOX AS WELL THIS MUST BE DONE

THEN GO BACK INTO THE DEVICE MANAGER AND CHECK YOUR SETTING TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE CORRECT

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  3. e45

e45 Regular member

THIS IS FOR VISTA

Although technically Vista does call the system "Computer" whereas XP referrs to it as "My Computer"

START
    Right Click "COMPUTER"
    Choose "MANAGE"
    In the resulting window, click on "DEVICE MANAGER"
    In the right hand pane, click on the little plus sign beside "PORTS" in the right hand pane.
    Right click on the USB Adapter (Should be something like “USB Serial Port COM # or "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm. Port (COM#) or “Communications Port” (COM #) )
    Choose "PROPERTIES"
    Click on "PORT SETTINGS" TAB
    Click on "ADVANCED"
    Then you will see the COM Port Number Box. You should be able to change it there using the drop down box.
    Try to set it to COM2 OR COM 1
    also change the baud from the default rate setting of 9600 to 115200
    Restart Windows (If necessary but normally not required)

4. burke64

burke64 Member

Hi, I have followed your instructions to install the Kryptview A780 to the letter, at the end you say check settings at device manager, but whats next, it ends there, thanks you do a great job!

5. e45

e45 Regular member

check the setting are correct and your comport number assigned to it

all info and tutorial at the bottom of my signature have a look and click the links