1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SET UP SKYBOX f3

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Dec 13, 2012.

1. zodiac1717

zodiac1717 Newbie

I got my self a new skyboxF3 receiver and I try to get it going .When I switch it on I am getting picture rolling Could you let me know what I am doing round. Zodiac1717

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

not reading would be the obvious answer

3. Nkenkenyi

Nkenkenyi Newbie

Hello Guys
    Please can somebody please help me to set Skybox F3 up? I have done all I can and the channels I got apart from FTA all had $ sign on it. When I selected it, it says "Scrambled". Any idea on what to do? Everything is fine both connections and every other thing. The only problem I am having is those scrambled channels.

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

another person who cant be bothered to read a thread, you need to load a share on the box, we dont provide them, google it

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  5. damasius

damasius Member

Hi Guys
    I need the latest firmware for Skybox f3 and updated channel list. BT sport is not on my current channel list.
    Regards,
    Damasius.

6. hasan1

hasan1 Member

Hi every 1 how come I only have 100 channels on skyf5box can you not get more channels tried ajs channel list but it didn't work so I used bradforddealer channel list got that to work is there any other way to get more channels thanks

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

There is nothing wrong with Aj's list, I have it working on two boxs no problems, has all the chans and in favs to, so not sure what your doing, you need to delete the existing chans on the box via the menu and then flash a new chan file, if ya don't it will cause problems, the boxs couldnt be anymore simple to flash

http://www.ajsat.co.uk/

tongs007 likes this.
  8. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

I also use aj's list I have found his latest 1 to be a hit or a miss on a few boxes so I have went back to 1 of his older 1s that have the hd and sd channels in the favs lists and I have went threw all the channels that hav changed freq/tp ect deleted and replaced with the working/replacement channels all it took was half hour on the remote ppl should really start to learn to do this for them selfs as guys like aj do it as a start for us many thanks aj been using ur list for yr and half now :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Yip, you can also use the chan editor for the box also, you can make 25 changes, save it and then make more up to 25 etc,

10. damasius

damasius Member

Guys
    My F3 was working OK until I updated the firmware. Then the connection to the server started breaking up every now and then. I have re-installed the old firmware but still having same issues. Is it possible for the Firmware to be affecting the connection to the server?

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

nope or everyone would have the same issue, sounds like a cline issue

12. damasius

damasius Member

Guys
    Can somebody help me with instructions on how to set up a Diseqc switch with skybox f3? I am struggling with it.
    Regards,
    Damasius.

13. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hi guys can anyone help with info i tried to up date skybox5 with ajs channel list i went thru the whole process reading a 100pc etc but when i go yo info on remote to check if it has upgraded it says file not found i also tried the list i had originaly and got the same result thanks in advance for the help ....
    cheers
    paulie57

14. damasius

damasius Member

Try a different USB stick and make sure you can see the file on it when the USB is on your laptop or PC.

15. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Newbie

Random question...

Unless the internet connection to an F3/5 is encrypted is it not possible for an ISP to track use of a box?

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

bumped for users to review

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

18. cmh1

cmh1 Newbie

Hi, I'm not very technically minded, have two f3 boxes and am learning my way round them! One box is working fine, but the other isn't! It keeps saying 'no signal'. It definitely has internet connection, and has the same channels update as the other box, so I'm at a loss as to what to do next! I would also like to change the date and time to the correct, current ones, in case I ever want to set to record something ... Can anyone help me? Thanks!

19. STEFCI

STEFCI Newbie

Hi,

I just got a Skybox F5. I flashed with a wrong firmware and when I reboot, I get an error message E0001.
    How can I reset the demo with factory defaults? Are there keys on the demon when I reboot it? What other way?
    Where can I get an updated firmware to update the demo by USB?

Thanks.

20. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Courtesy of MICKAH,
    and i dont really understand how people can bugger there boxes, i have an f5 incase my dm800 fails, its simply install cccam, and enter cline, unless i am missing a trick
    http://www.yojiatech.com/a/Support/Download/Skybox_F3/
    f3,f5,f5s is basically the same box