1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kv down

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by humbaw, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Have tried Factory Default settings, got nothing now and cannot leave the 'easy installation' page, have tried all network searches, all comes up 'already exist' and cannot get off easy installation page..............Help!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. e45

e45 Regular member

Do another factory reset, this time take the cable out of the box and as soon as the box does the factory reset, switch it off at the back then back on again, that should clear the box, after that you need to be scanning on direct feed from the wall, not a split BB feed, if you have only BB you can bet they have reduced you signal for BB use only, as this is what i hear they are now doing, this can be seen if you come down the next day and have to rescan your box all the time.

Also make sure you have your correct Net Id which you will get from your subbed box, if you dont have one i suggest you ask a friend who does have one.

3. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Check your cables and try switching the box off via remote for 10 minutes :)

4. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

and if all that does not work you might have to reinstall the firmware and then do a s/w update.

5. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Sorry, didn't notice e45 had already answered much better than me :]

6. noideame

noideame Regular member

just a addon to this , i have had to do a rescan 4 times in last couple of mnths.

(channel goes off try another channel and it takes me straight to auto search page)
    i have BB phone and basic tv so could what e45 is saying be true ?

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

channel movement ,changing net ids,what are your signal and quality reading ,are you powering the box off at rear or just put on standby?with all the ongoing works in the network things do go off line.

8. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Right just tried that, you meant the ETHERNET cable to remove? as tried this but no joy again, box had been on standby since my last post, so what now?
    I have another box upstairs which was playing up as well but have not touched this one re factory default?

Just checked the box upstairs and would you believe it all sports are back on! But no joy with the downstairs box?

Have tried all the Network ID's and they all come up 'already exist' How do i check the settings on box upstairs that is now working all ok, so maybe i copy settings into box downstairs..............or not?

Off to bed now, will leave it on standby all night.

9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

is the box downstairs on a main coaxial feed to scan from?

10. e45

e45 Regular member

"NO" I meant your cable for your tv. Taking out the Ethernet that has nada to do with your scanning or your TP on your box.

Do as i have posted above and it will work, as it can no longer scan anything as there is no cable in your box, but you must turn off the box at the back after you factory default it.

11. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Good Morning All, right have just tried what e45 has stated, have now took out the TV Viirgin Cable, Factory Defaulted, Turned Off then ON, then Auto searched Tried ALL Network ID's, but still shows 'already exist' still nothing. Then have Plugged in TV Cable and Auto Searched again 'already exist' still no joy.

This is the Main Coaxial Feed i presume i am using, it was the first time i started using these boxes, and where i scanned, tuned everything in from day one

Another thing i do have Scart Leads connected into Box to TV AS WELL, not sure if you wanted me to take these out trying to tune box?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Your not scanning the correct Net Id, Are you getting the option to select the Net Id before scanning? Is it giving a list of Areas or a choice? you need to reset the box and follow what E45 advised

13. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi Mickah,
    I have done the factory default, off then on, i have then plugged back in tv cable, then gone to automatic search page, i have tried all four options ntll,ex-c&&w, choruus and telewwest. pressed green button to search, get the box up list of network id's, before in the past i would get 'Oxford' come up, but all i am getting is 'already exist' on all four networks?

Just want to add, all i have is BB and phone line, the TV box/cable is an old one we had for years which was still active when i first used these boxes bout 5 years ago, as stated before as well box upstairs is all working ok?

Should i swap boxes over and see if upstairs box is working downstairs all ok?

And just double checking Factory Default IS on Main Menu, Installation, FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS.....OK?

And when i do factory default, turn off then on box, I HAVE DONE BOTH HERE PUT CABLE BACK IN AND HAVE LEFT OUT, and auto search.

Have also pressed ok button on 'already exist' when it comes up, nothing changes.

14. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

before in the past i would get 'Oxford' come up, but all i am getting is 'already exist' on all four networks?

when ever the " already exits " part comes up on the screen press the ok button on the remote control that might bring the oxford area id up.

15. gerbo1958

gerbo1958 Member

I've just noticed a shitload of channels missing.I wonder are they messing around with the server?

16. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

This is what i have done to date:

Took TV Cable out

Gone into installation, factory default settings OK.

Turned off box.....then on straight away.

Connected TV cable back into box.

Then have auto searched ntl 7 already exist,exc&w Nothing, chorus 10 already exist, telewest 7 already exist.

Still nothing?

17. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

whenever you see the " already exists " come up on the sreen press the ok button on the remote control straight away that might get the Oxford area id up.

18. e45

e45 Regular member

Tell me exactly what way you are doing a factory default on your box step by step, try taking the cable out again and doing a factory default turn box of at the back, then switch it back on again, this time dont put the cable back into the box and do a scan then, tell me what you get on your screen after you do that.

19. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Took Cable Out.

Went into Main Menu, Installation, password, scrolled down to 5th/last on page to Factory Default Settings.

Factory Default ok'd, page came up into EASY INSTALLATION page.

Turned box OFF at the back for 2 seconds, then turned back On.

Easy Installation Page came up, scrolled down to bottom to Automatic Search.

Autosearched NTL 7 'already exist' No channels came up on either of the 2 screeens tv or radio, message came up complete/exit, which i did, it then come back onto Easy Installation Page.

Went back to Automatic Search page, changed to exc&w 0 Nothing, then tried Chorus only 1 this time 'already exist'. then tried telewest 10 'already exist' exited all and easy installation page came up.

All this without the Virgin Cable

Just been upstairs to check other box, this is working all ok, all sports channels are ok.

20. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Ps Have just went upstairs to check other box, and that is working all ok, all sports channels are ok.