1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum S-1000M FTA : almost all channels scrambled

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Pajaholic, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Pajaholic

Pajaholic Member

I'm a newbie, so please go easy.

I've been given a Maximum S-1000M FTA DVB satellite receiver to use in my caravan. I live in UK and have Sky at home. Hence I have a sat dish aligned with Astra 2 with which to test the S-1000M. On autotuning, reported progress suggested that the set went through the Astra 2 transponders as expected and the EPG gave me the channels I'd expect (and then some). However, only BBC and one or two others are viewable and the system reports everything else (e.g. ITV regions) is scrambled.

I checked successfully that ITV and some other "scrambled" channels can be received without a viewing card in my Sky digibox (and thus without subscription). So I'm unsure whether ITV etc. are scrambled or whether the S-1000M is unsuitable for use in UK.

For info, the S-1000M was originally bought in Spain and the person who gave it to me has used it for some time in the North-East of that country (near Barcelona).

Any help gratefully received,

Geoff

2. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Have you tried factory reset and rescan sat? It might ask for your location which you can put in UK. When your mate set it up for first time he probably put in Spain as location which would make sense and so the english freesat channels wouldn't come in.

3. Pajaholic

Pajaholic Member

Thanks for the suggestion. There are three "factory reset" options:
    - Channels
    - Other Settings
    - All
    I had reset the channels before scanning, but tried again - this time selecting "All". There seemed nowhere for me to input my country - just the ability to enter latitude and longitude for the motorised dish control. However, after the system finished rescanning, ITV is now unscrambled but there are still a lot of channels (e.g. Channels 4 and 5 and their offshoots) that I can view on the Sky box without a viewing card that are still scrambled on the FTA box.

Thanks again,

Geoff

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You have to use the right channel version. For instance there are 4 versions for channel 5 but only the one for Wales is not scrambled.
    Check the complete channel list.