AfterDawn Forums

Nagra 3 Hacked

This discussion thread has 16 messages.

#1
Would like senior members to give views on this post
http://nagravisionthree.blogspot.com/
Posted on alt site Sunday by Far-East volunteer
the legendary JATROPHASEED, son of DURIANTREETOP
▼▼ This topic has 15 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
#2
nagra3 has been hacked for quite some time now. hence the kryptview/starview solution. the issue is that the gear required to do the job is expensive. as such it is not practicable for individual users but will work for the high-end folk at kv/sv
#3
Originally posted by fintannl:
nagra3 has been hacked for quite some time now. hence the kryptview/starview solution. the issue is that the gear required to do the job is expensive. as such it is not practicable for individual users but will work for the high-end folk at kv/sv
How are you, Fint. Quoted post is above my head, hence ask seniors for thoughts on it.
Don't consider KV/STVU UK solution to be N3 hack as requires connection to internet
i.e. card-share method. My definition of N3 hack is box connected to provider cable ONLY
and software clearing encrypted channels as stand-alone method
#4
eamo, it is one and the same thing. in the old days it was just keys. today to share n3 cards the card must first be hacked. to hack the card you need both rsakey and boxkey of the n3 receiver. to do this requires expensive equipment which kv/sv have done. once they hack these keys then the card can be used in a server and shared or used in a receiver like a dm500c. so the old keys solution no longer works but i'm sure there is someone out there for a price will accept your receiver, hack it, and send it back to you so you can put in a dreambox to view until n3 becomes n4
#5
Originally posted by fintannl:
eamo, it is one and the same thing. in the old days it was just keys. today to share n3 cards the card must first be hacked. to hack the card you need both rsakey and boxkey of the n3 receiver. to do this requires expensive equipment which kv/sv have done. once they hack these keys then the card can be used in a server and shared or used in a receiver like a dm500c. so the old keys solution no longer works but i'm sure there is someone out there for a price will accept your receiver, hack it, and send it back to you so you can put in a dreambox to view until n3 becomes n4
Don't believe N3 can't be hacked for use without c/s. Don't believe provs will use Kudelski for next encryption level as seems likely N1 & N2 fixes were leaked by insider to encourage provs to upgrade encryption system. Most of original hackers are now retired,
dead or working for provs or encryption companies
#6
eamo, n3 is cracked without c/s. my point is that it takes expensive hardware to do that crack and most folks would not wish to invest on an individual basis. this is why only a large c/s server is interested in the proposition
#7
Originally posted by fintannl:
eamo, n3 is cracked without c/s. my point is that it takes expensive hardware to do that crack and most folks would not wish to invest on an individual basis. this is why only a large c/s server is interested in the proposition
You misunderstand my meaning Fint. If stand-alone hack was viable without c/s why would server not invest in hacking equipment & recoup his money in selling boxes flashed with N3 crack, thereby eliminating all probs currently associated with large scale servers
overloading system resulting in channel loss & freezing picture. There are small servers running on cable with less than 100 clients & service is perfect. Once server B/B, client B/b & both cable prov signal is good c/s is fine. Problems are caused by large scale servers not investing enough money in system equipment & not paying for enough capacity
Diversity factor is fine in some electrical situations but goes out window when major event is on c/s boxes
#8
maybe providing postal addresses on return addresses. eamo, cable is a different game
#9
Originally posted by fintannl:
maybe providing postal addresses on return addresses. eamo, cable is a different game
You have me lost now Fint, but cable or sat if server puts on too many clients service
will suffer
#10
eamo you may be right. i ain't making sense. sat and cable are identical in that c/s is the only option for both. problem is that hacking cable is a lot more complex. if the user could find a 'friend' who may perhaps be able to read box and rsa keys then it is possible for that user to share their subscription by using that card in something like a dm500c. the user would have to send their cable box to this 'friend' to have the necessary data read from card and cable box. sorry for the confusion
#11
Thats happening already with cable, folks using dreambox C to share amongst close groups of friends with other dreambox cable boxs, think what Eamo is saying, standalone boxs running on firmware with out the need to share or connect to any server, as it was on say N2, be interesting to see what comes out of it or if its another "breakthrough" that were reported over the years.
#12
Originally posted by MICKAH:
Thats happening already with cable, folks using dreambox C to share amongst close groups of friends with other dreambox cable boxs, think what Eamo is saying, standalone boxs running on firmware with out the need to share or connect to any server, as it was on say N2, be interesting to see what comes out of it or if its another "breakthrough" that were reported over the years.

How are you Mickah,
Fint is under impression N3 cable card is harder to crack. There is no need to send box to server. Same as sat, enter c-line on box image & all channels server is paying for will clear
#13
eamo, you read me wrong. what i am saying is if you want to be the server you must first be able to hack your own card. i'm aware as a client it works the same way as sat.
#14
Hope I am using the right thread. I was going to put dish with 4 connectors, up on the side of my house for freeview but tree blocking signal. I am on pension and have basic service from chorous cable with sly sports. Thinking that almost as dear to ask someone put up a cable on the chimney for freeview as put one up for card sharing. Will the kryptview 750 box I have suffice with router connector or should I buy two new boxes and how permanent do you think this solution might be bearing in mind that you are discussing a possible new encryption system. I hope you boys can help me.
#15
Originally posted by overhill:
Hope I am using the right thread. I was going to put dish with 4 connectors, up on the side of my house for freeview but tree blocking signal. I am on pension and have basic service from chorous cable with sly sports. Thinking that almost as dear to ask someone put up a cable on the chimney for freeview as put one up for card sharing. Will the kryptview 750 box I have suffice with router connector or should I buy two new boxes and how permanent do you think this solution might be bearing in mind that you are discussing a possible new encryption system. I hope you boys can help me.[/qu

KV-790i is being used by some servers as client boxes in Eire. Even if KV-750 can be used would require I-connector for each box. Clone Dream500 box is cheaper than KV i-connect.
Either get 2 DM500c & use c/s on Chorus mmds or 2 DM500s & use c/s on Sat dish.
Sat option is better as mmds has limited channels. Sat-server usually 100 per year with a reduction for 2nd client box. MMDS-server usually 150 per year.
There are limited no. of cable/mmds servers in Eire & don't advertise publicly. Unless someone can vouch for you they are unlikely to give you c-line. There are unlimited no. of sat-servers & they freely advertise. Don't use any server unless member of A.D. or other site recommends them. If your sat-server goes down it's easy to get alt. server
If cable/mmds server goes down not easy to find alt. server.
Try mounting Sat dish on pole in garden clear of tree obstructions. Scan sat. box in friend/neighbours house on working sat. dish. Fix dish on pole at least 6 feet high.
Using compass face dish South/South-West. Set Sat dish face perpendicular & give it slight tilt upwards(5 degrees App). Leave all fixing nuts slightly loose so dish can be moved hor & vert. Run mains ext lead from house to garden pole. Connect up Sat box & Small TV near garden pole. Select BBC 1 or other Channel with strong signal. Gradually
adjust dish horizontally until picture shows. If no picture sat Hor at South/South-West
& adjust Vert. until picture clears.
If you need any advice on dish or boxes ask on open forum. Advice on servers or C/S ask via P.M. as card/share is illegal & may contravene forum rules
#16
Many thanks Eamo. I made a mistake as it is actually UPC I am on for basic cable + sky sports. However from what you are saying the sat server is the way forward.
I really appreciate your help and will reflect on it for awhile.

banjo
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.