1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbies guide to setting up your openbox s9 for cardsharing with pictures

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Dec 14, 2011.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

this short guide explains how to put the firmware (tv software )into your openbox and how to add your c line to it .
    PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DOWNLOAD OR USE THIS TUTORIAL ON OTHER FORUMS.

what will you need ? .

1) You will need a USB memory stick like this example
    [​IMG]

2) you will need to download patched openbox firmware (you can download the latest firmware for your box online ,or you can download firmware from link number 1 of my signature area ) to the usb memory stick .the firmware file should end with .abs .and also download a cccam.cfg file to your usb memory stick from the same link ,you can edit it with notepad , it contains two example n lines (delete them ) and then add your c line and save your work .you add the cccam.cfg file to your box in the same manner as you ad the firmware which i will explain a little bit below.
    EDIT (BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER BE ADVISED THAT YOUR BOX MAY BE A CLONE ,IF SO YOU WILL NEED TO USE CLONE SAFE FIRMWARE iLL DISCUSS HOW TO FIND OUT IF YOUR BOX IS GENUINE OR CLONE (see post number 13).

3) many of the files you download are compressed files ,this basicly means a file or files compressed to together to make it easier and faster to upload and download ,these files usually end with .rar or .zip .you will need a program that can uncompress (open) these files ,two such programs are peazip and winrar ,you can download either from link number 1 of my signature area .

4) uncompress the firmware file on your usb memory stick .

now insert the usb memory stick into the Openbox S9 ,then to update the firmware using the USB memory stick

press the Menu button /then select Tools /then select Upgrade by USB /then you will be in Upgrade Mode /then select Select firmware file/then select Start .now you will be asked ARE YOU SURE TO BURN FLASH (select yes ) ,a percentage bar will increase as the box flashes (this wont take long ) be patient here and wait for the falshing process to end and dont attempt to switch off or unplug the box ,when complete the box will restart .

as with any box that is either new or has just been upgraded with new firmware the box settings may need to be reset such as language /time and date /select the satellite /scan for channels .

now press the menu button /select network local settings /and select cccam plug setting as in the picture below.

[​IMG]

now select update files by usb and press the ok button.

[​IMG]

Now you have to select CCcam.cfg and press the OK button, there should be a little tick on the upper right corner indicating you have selected the file .
    click press the Yellow button ,then select CCcam Plug Setting and then press the OK button. now you have to select manage config files ,now what you will see will look like this photo (but not exactly as this is not the correct photo).

[​IMG]

you will notice it says add update files but when you reach this point it will say manage config files ,so at this point select number 1 which is cccam.cfg .now highlight and place a tick next to your cline ,when its ticked it should say online .

lastly go to network local settings and set dhcp to on and then select apply as you see in the top photo in this link
    [​IMG]

now all that should be left is to restart your box .

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. piopat

piopat Active member

you can also install the firmware using a Null Cable but hopefully that wont be required ,but just in case heres a short guide .

in my other tutorial a newbies guide to dreambox i expalined about the way to flash Dreambox using a Serial RS232 null modem cable,you can flash your openbox via usb memory stick as i explained but you can also flash an openbox using a null modem cable .
    firmware and images can be corrupt or faulty and can lead to your box becoming stuck or bricked ,but usually that can be fixed by flashing with a null modem cable and using a program called eromupgrade.exe ,if you have used a dm500s and dreamup you should have no problem with this .
    what do you need ?
    1/ you need a null modem cable
    2/you will need to download EromUpgrade.exe (i posted a link below where you can download it)
    3/ start eromupgradeexe When comes to main menu, enter the port (Com 1, 2 or etc), bit rate as ?115200? (you may not need to change this ), operate mode as ?Upgrade? and browse to the correct firmware file (.abs or .bin ,in this case it should be .abs) with a tick on ?Bootloader? box.
    4 With the decoder powered off, press ?Next? button on the screen and power On the decoder. Follow the onscreen instructions ,with percentage bar will dispaly the percentage (when it gets to 100% its complete ) as always this may take a bit of time so please be patient .

Once done, you should be able to get a new firmware loaded into decoder and hopefully this will able to help you recovering from any hang issue related to software/firmware.

you can download eromupgrade.exe here
    http://www.4shared.com/file/tkPgrsoG/EromUpgrade.html

3. piopat

piopat Active member

Additional cline data info window:
    Once you have access to a channel via your cline.
    Click Menu -> Network Setup -> CCcam Client Setup -> Manage Config Files -> CCcam.cfg
    then highlight any single cline and click the ?Info? key
    you will then get access to the following data pop up window.
    [​IMG]

4. piopat

piopat Active member

you can also install the firmware using a Null Cable but hopefully that wont be required ,but just in case heres a short guide .

in my other tutorial a newbies guide to dreambox i expalined about the way to flash Dreambox using a Serial RS232 null modem cable,you can flash your openbox via usb memory stick as i explained but you can also flash an openbox using a null modem cable .
    firmware and images can be corrupt or faulty and can lead to your box becoming stuck or bricked ,but usually that can be fixed by flashing with a null modem cable and using a program called eromupgrade.exe ,if you have used a dm500s and dreamup you should have no problem with this .
    what do you need ?
    1/ you need a null modem cable
    2/you will need to download EromUpgrade.exe (i posted a link below where you can download it)
    3/ start eromupgradeexe When comes to main menu, enter the port (Com 1, 2 or etc), bit rate as ?115200? (you may not need to change this ), operate mode as ?Upgrade? and browse to the correct firmware file (.abs or .bin ,in this case it should be .abs) with a tick on ?Bootloader? box.
    4 With the decoder powered off, press ?Next? button on the screen and power On the decoder. Follow the onscreen instructions ,with percentage bar will dispaly the percentage (when it gets to 100% its complete ) as always this may take a bit of time so please be patient .

Once done, you should be able to get a new firmware loaded into decoder and hopefully this will able to help you recovering from any hang issue related to software/firmware.

you can download eromupgrade.exe here
    http://www.4shared.com/file/tkPgrsoG/EromUpgrade.html

5. piopat

piopat Active member

as an alternative to uploading a cccam.cfg file you can add a c line with your remote control .
    press the Menu button/select CCcam Client Setup/select Manage Config Files and the press the ok button.
    now select CCcam.cfg and press the ok button. now you have to press blue button to add your c line information ,this is what you should see
    [​IMG]
    as you see you have
    protocol
    host
    port
    user
    password
    lets imagine your c line is cccam.dyndns.org 12000 user1 pass1 this is how your c line info would look
    protocol = cccam
    host = cccam.dyndns.org (or server box ip address)
    port = 12000
    user = user1
    password = pass1
    press the yellow button to save and activate the line as i explained in the above post .

6. piopat

piopat Active member

How to guide: Make a Openbox S9/S10 into a server

1. press menu
    2. scroll down to Network Local Setting
    3. press ok on remote
    4.arrow right to Newcamd Server Settings
    5. press ok on remote
    6. enter newcamd server parameter
    7 servversetting -ON-
    8. TCP Port -eg. 13000- this MUST be forwarded in your router
    9. Des Key 01020304055060708091011121314 Can be change to your own
    10.add user in Newcamd server User manager with green button on remote
    11. add username password allow emm yes
    12. press yellow to save the configuration .

Now box is setup for server with 1 client and a reboot is always a good idea .

In the Client box with CCcam its the N: line to use for acces the server eg N: seerver_ip_or_dns Port user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

(credit and thanks for the above to drf)

7. piopat

piopat Active member

How to manually add a TP to your OpenBox (easy)
    This one is very simple to do, anyone can do it. I was missing channels because a frequency had been changed ,so i got the new frequency and I simply added the TP, scanned it and found very quick.
    if your missing any channels and need to find frequencies for example on the sky satellite astra/eurobird 28 east click on this link
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

2 ways you can start:

1. Move the dish to the satellite you want to add a TP to.

-or-

2. Just go to the tp list and flip thru the satellites. OpenBox will automatically move the dish as you change satellites.

-----------------------------------------
    Either way here is the proceedure when you are on the sat you want to add to.

1. MENU > INSTALLATION > TP List.

2. Look and make sure you are on the correct satellite. If not use the < and > arrows to flip thru. If you were already on the satellite it should be the one selected alreadyu.

3. Press green button to add.

4. Type in the frequency, then arrow down to symbol rate

5. type in the symbol rate, arrow down to polarity. Use < or > arrows to change polarity.

6. Arrow down to save, press OK button

----------------------------------------------
    To scan the TP:

1. Press blue button on remote for Search
    2. Either press ok and it will search, or set the options if you want such as FTA only, TV/Radio and Network search. I just hit the ok button as the defaults are what I want with a manual TP scan.
    (credit and thanks to the author)

8. piopat

piopat Active member

if you get your hands on an openbox channel list you can add it to your box easily (a channel list is like bouquets on a dreambox ,its all the main channels set into groups such as all movie channels together and all sports channels together etc )by downloading the channel list to your usb memory stick (if the channel list is in a .zip or .rar file you will have to open it before putting it into your box ,you will need a program like winrar or peazip to open these files and you can download either or both from link number 1 of my signature area ) and then placing the usb memory stick into the usb slot at the rear of the openbox .
    PLEASE NOTE :
    To avoid any possable conflicts, it is always wise to delete all channels from your receiver, before installing a new channel list. if you do not then you could possably encounter problems. so in that sense its probably best to remove all channels first.
    To remove all channels, click Menu -> Edit Channel -> Delete All

To install this channel list, simply transfer the unzipped channel list to a USB Stick, and then insert the USB Stick into the USB port, which is located on the rear of the receiver, then follow the instructions below.
    press Menu button -> Tools -> Upgrade By USB, then in 'Upgrade Mode' select 'Misc Files'
    then click on 'Select & Upgrade' and select OPTION 1 [TP_PROG] now press the OK button,
    when you see a check mark or tick next to the TP_PROG, press the yellow button to install.
    Once the file has been installed, reboot the receiver, once rebooted you can then click the Zoom or SatList button, and directly select any satellite from within the satellite data base list.

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

piopat your a star and well done with this guide

10. piopat

piopat Active member

thanks fintann mate i just hope people find it helpfull .

11. reswob

reswob Regular member

and so say all of us

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

any chance of putting this as a stickie ddp

13. piopat

piopat Active member

HOW TO IDENTIFY IF YOUR OPENBOX/SKYBOX IS A CLONE OR AN ORIGINAL

If you have Openbox/Skybox S9(S10) HD PVR with Ali3602 BGA. To identify if it is original or not as follows:
    If you have a firmware later than 07/04/2011 go to step 3, otherwise
    1. Backup up your current firmware (this saves a copy of your current firmware)
    press menu---tool---dump by usb
    Save your dump file
    2. Upgrad to new firmware
    3.on your openbox/skybox remote press menu---tool---information( for openbox s11 press 8888 for openbox s10 press ok)---press 8888 (7777 for openbox S9)

If chip ID is one of these numbers

00D0

00EA

085B

0D0C

98A1

98F2

9CF4

9D1A

0D7E

38EC

10AA

113c
    Congratulatations! your HD Receiver is original!! You can experience and enjoy much more more new functions. If your box ID don't match, please upload old firmware again before rebooting max 10 times otherwise , your HD receivers will be killed!!
    (credit and thanks to darvash )

the following link contains openbox s9 and s10 firmware both clone safe and original
    http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/boPK5x59/_online.html?&rnd=49#dir=50175212
    click on openbox and then click on the firmware you wish to download .dont worry if you see skybox as this is just another name for the openbox the only real difference is that you will see skybox on your tv screen instead of openbox .also you can use the s9 firmware on the s10 box but you cant use the s10 firmware on the s9 box .

if you find that you have allready flashed your box with the wrong firmware and its stuck you will then need to reflash your box (with the correct firmware) using a null modem cable see post number 2 for instructions .

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

ddp once again can i suggest a stickie for this post

15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

and maybe again?

16. bee9791

bee9791 Member

Piopat you are a legend and a half!!!! Respect to YOU! :)

17. piopat

piopat Active member

thanks alot bee mate i really appreciate your thanks .but as always a forum is made great by all its great members not just one ,and there are so many great members on here mickah /fintann/eamo/e45/jackooh and many many more so bee i wish you the very best and happiest new year and the same to all the great members of afterdawn . happy new year guys .

18. keating99

keating99 Member

Just Brilliance.

19. bee9791

bee9791 Member

Here here, well said, fantastic work guys. Happy new year Piopat and all others

20. princeshaz99

princeshaz99 Member

thanks piopat
    hi mate i will download over the weekend let you know do you wat sections the favoritehave been sorted. how do i check whats the firmware on opwnbox its a orginal openboxs11hd. and how can ugrade? the volume of the channels goes up then down why is that?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012