1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy Channels on sat with dreambox 500s

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by datto, Aug 22, 2009.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

You are using the yellow button to check CCCAM status. Do you have CCCAMINFO plugin installed? Did you activate port 16001 in your CCCAM.cfg file. If so can you look at this at 192.168.xxx.xxx:16001 and see what this says. Also telnet into the server and type CCcam
    –dv and see what the log says. Post the results back here

2. carrickro

carrickro Member

guys i have a 800s dreambox, i thinh it is only a single tuner, as i live in dublin i was wondering about the analogoe signal(rte1,2,3,4)can i connect them into the dreambox or does the cable connect directly to the tv thus having to use 2 remotes? thanks

3. sitja

sitja Regular member

well i think you can only use your aerial to get rte by putting it into back of tv as you suggested but you dont necessarily have to use 2 remotes you can use your dm800 to operate tv and dreambox.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Piopat, try the following Fline F: user1 pass1 2 0 0 { 0:0:2 } in your server cccam.cfg and reboot the dreambox.

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

also to use the cccam -dv command you need to telnet to/var/etc. then do ls-l and check the name of the cccam executable. it is likely cccam.213 in which case the command is cccam.213 -dv. So you telnet into the box using root and dreambox as username and password. Then you type cd /var/etc/. The you type cccam.213 -dv.

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

just a quick note,on other forum was a post of dm500 and dm800 clone seller nabbed in yorkshire.

7. balcee

balcee Regular member

Morning all. Firstly, a brilliant forum with excellent posters.

I've recently purchased a 500s and have followed the setup guides to a tee, however still unable to pick up freeview channels. Whenever I search for transponders, none are found. Gemini 4.6 image installed and network connection is also up as I can search for updates via blue button. I'm sure I've downloaded the correct add-ons also.

I'd appreciate any help as to what I could be doing wrong.

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Check satellites.xml file in /var/etc and make sure it has valid transponders in it. Are you sure your sat dish is correctly positioned

9. piopat

piopat Active member

fint thanks for your help and any one else that helped i have the box sharing in the house no probs,i had a mac address conflict(seems a problem with all clones having the same mac) so i sorted that out,next thing now is sharing with my mate.i was thinking i was a real thick,its a great feeling to have it done.

10. balcee

balcee Regular member

Cheers fin. Working good now :) will crack on with the card sharing now. Any particular card you recommend?

11. garycocs

garycocs Member

Congrats, happy sharing, will be interested to hear how you get on with the external sharing!!

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Piopat, out of interest how did you resolve the mac address issue. Where do you have the option to change the mac address. Always like to learn something new myself

13. piopat

piopat Active member

i got the box sharing now at home and with my mate,thanks to fintannl and anyone else who helped. its working now,when i say i used the yellow button i mean ,my image being nabilosat darkstar 11,i press yellow,i go down to nabilo cccam info,press ok,then go down to servers,press ok, all being well your share box should say(1 servers) and it should say online a partial dyndns address and 1 card.it may say more cards if the person you share with has other shares that he can share with you.thanks again for all your help guys. if i can help any newbies setup a share in their own house or with a mate let me know i will be glad to offer my help.

14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Tis a major buzz when you get it to work. Well done. Perseverance paid in the end. Would still like to understand how you resolved (indeed how you identified) the MAC conflict. This will be useful information for the future

15. piopat

piopat Active member

hi gary and fint thanks again,it is a great buzz as you say . i was going back and checking trying to find the problem as i felt sure i had things setup ok(i had made a few mistakes ,that were easily fixed with help from you guys) i was reading a lot on various sites about possible reasons a share would not work,all i could come up with was an ip conflict. but that was not the case, i think it was on a check of the router to see if it was showing all connected devices that i saw the mac addresses were the same. but the numbers being shown did not say (mac address next to them) but i new what they were, that said i did not put 2 and 2 together and i went looking at other stuff. i was talking with a few guys on an other site and they advised all the things that you guys did, and one guy said did you check the mac addresses as if the are the same the boxes will never share. of course i knew they were the same but thought nothing of it till then. to check the mac addresses you can check through the router but i just used telnet, open dream control center,all being well you have a green line going from the pc on to the dreambox and up to the router. click on telnet to open it, and type in ifconfig and press enter the box details will be shown onscreen, a mac address looks like (example) 00:01:02:bb:c1:11 if you only have 2 boxes you only need to change one mac address, so write down the mac address of one box(i will assume like me you have a conflict,2 boxes with same mac address) now open notepad on your computer. i have vista so i clicked the windows button and note pad is on the left of the screen. type in(all in one line) ifconfig eth0 down; ifconfig hw ether 00:01:02:bb:c1:12; ifconfig eth0 up; . note the mac address in the line will be your mac address, also see i changed the last digit from 1 to 2, so when changing your mac address simply change the last digit like i did. click on save ,save the file, and give it a name, the name will be init , the program will try and give it an extension like init.txt(you dont want that) so for name simply type this "init" and save. my init file was saved to my documents. now open dream control center,login to the box which mac address you want to change, network ok etc, click on ftp, on the right side of the ftp screen browse your computer for the init file, say c: documents,the file "init" should be displayed on the right side of the ftp screen. now go to the left side of the ftp screen and double click on var, then double click on etc, ok now go back over to the right side of the ftp screen where the init file is, click on it once to highlight it, now click on the little arrow that points to the left, your init file is now in the var/etc folder of your box. now click on the init file you just transfered and highlight it, now right click on it, open attributes and click on 775,save and exit,exit out of ftp and dcc, now reboot your box. you have now changed your mac address. there is also a tool you can get online to change the mac address. so i had a bit of luck really,a lot of good info from you guys ,if i had no patience i think i would have cracked so for any newbies take your time be patient and it will work in the end, by the way i have it working external also in a mates house. thanks again for all the help talk, soon guys.

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

thanks piopat. everything is simple once you can see it. will retain the mac address info for future reference. happy sharing

17. piopat

piopat Active member

im on to the next and last step of my cs setup now,which is using my dm7020si and a smargo(havent got the smargo yet)and the 7020 is not set up for cs as yet,but i have the 500s working away. my question is this,has anyone on here got a smargo setup,and can i set it up using a vista laptop(as i know vista can have compatability issues)if smargo is not vista compatable could someone advise as to a suitable vista compatable cardreader.thanks guys.

18. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

doesn't the 7020 dreambox have a usb port. you just plug it in there and enter the lines

SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/0 smartreader+
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/usb/tts/0 3430000

into your cccam.cfg. Note this config is for using usb0. if you use usb1 then it would be

SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/0 smartreader+
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/usb/tts/1 3430000

19. piopat

piopat Active member

ok mate yea the box is usb as is smargo (is it a case then of just plugging it in to the 7020 and editing my cccam.cfg)thats even better. i was just came across posts around the net and they mentioned setting up via laptop, and i thought to my self im going to have trouble here with vista(getting drivers to work etc)you know your self fint the problems we have trying to get anything done on our boxes using vista. i was looking here,is this the correct smargo http://tvtrade.ie/show/86,smartreader-plus .im not sure what you mean when you say usb0 and usb1, i wish i knew all the stuff you know fint,be no stopping me ha ha.thanks for your help again mate.

20. cmonks

cmonks Member

hi mate,

i've upgrade all to 2.1.4 CCCam but still getting freezing. no newcs or anything running now.

does the F: line with maxhops up/down make a different one anything or is it just for restrictive purposes?

Is there anyone else having freezing over WAN?