1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview 6 boot vcr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rothar, Apr 8, 2010.

1. rothar

rothar Member

hi anyone have this problem starview 6 worked fine for last two weeks then i came back from work one day screen blank just tv pressed menu nothing changed scar nothing powered off nothing then tryed again and noticed boot vcr on panel of box and no channell numbers just 900 which goes up to 999 very strange wrecking my head any info would be great lads

2. reswob

reswob Regular member

rothar,are you saying when you press menu the screen stays blank?

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

can you re-flash it?

4. rothar

rothar Member

yes the screen stays as if there was nothin connected to it it flickers a small bit when i power on and off strange

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

can you reflash the box to see if this corrects it?

6. rothar

rothar Member

can i reflash it other than using the usb cause i cant get any screen up atall

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

i would contact the seller to see if they can replace or fix it, dont delay

8. rothar

rothar Member

they dont want to know told me to check out this site

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

who ya buy it from? I am always amazed at people who sell these boxs and direct em to here, if you bought a box and have a recipt or used paypal, get on to paypal now and start a dispute, they will put a hold on their account, see how quick they will reply then, you have rights as a buyer, regardless of what it is, if the item is faulty, you have the right to open a dispute with paypal or your credit card company.

10. rothar

rothar Member

will get on the case immediately should i expose them yet?

11. rothar

rothar Member

here is the reply i got

Sorry cann't help with that type of thing - your best bet is the online forums like afterdawn for example.

Bets Regards

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

by all means name em and get straight onto paypal to open a dispute now, folk on here help people as much as they can, but it gets on my nips when ya see people do that, sell something, it is faulty, then direct them here like we are their aftersales team, if the box is faulty and no one here can help, what happens then.......... you the buyer have rights, regardless of it being a cable box, TV or anything you buy, if the item is not of good order you the buyer have a right to a refund or repair whichever comes first.

Start the ball rolling now before its to late

13. SG8

SG8 Active member

Yes, please name them as the sites like that are one of the reason I don't post on here (much!) anymore.

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

aye and lets others keep away from them if they want to buy one

15. reswob

reswob Regular member

rothar,i know someone who had similar problem.there kid was messing about with the zoom button and the picture frooze,he switched it on and of and had the same problem that you have now .he could not access anything.you say you can only scroll between 900 and 999 but when you try to press{lets say 130}nothing happens,it looks as if it is set on some favourites ie sports or movies etc.turn it back on and on your remote try pressing each button one at a time on the bottom half of the remote.when he did this the zoom frozen picture came back on,he then exited out,try it rothar and let us know did it work.i dont have the box myself so i dont know witch button it worked on but it did work.

16. reswob

reswob Regular member

sorry rothar,i was in and out all day and could not stay with this thread,but mick and sg8 are spot on.you should have support from your supplier and if they dont entertain you they should be ashamed of themselfs.did you try what i said above,im curious?

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

dont think shame plays a part with sellers who do this Reswob, they sell something with the premise of it being in good working order, take the money, a prob arises and they direct folk to a forum which they dont contribute to, finacially or otherwise and use this place and its members as a first class after sales service and get away with it,

the answer they gave the OP clearly indicates they dont have a clue what to do and dont want the hassle of backing up their sales, at least some of the reputable retailers have a forum attached to their selling to back up the aftersales with help and advise, I actually seen an ebay ad a while back mention this place for support when it was selling a box, hows that for a neck like a jockeys genitals!

18. reswob

reswob Regular member

yes mick there are some doggy suppliers out there,and some good ones with great support who you and myself are members of.lets see if rothar gets his box going and if he does not!!then all he has to do is highlight this thread to his supplier,there biggest mistake could well of been directing him to this site{Sorry cann't help with that type of thing - your best bet is the online forums like afterdawn for example.}im quite sure they would not like there name printed here with CAPS ON.

19. rothar

rothar Member

sorry couldnt reply earlier still no joy with box tried everything will start complaint now with paypal and get on to these guys again cableboxireland

20. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

I'm sure he's here somewhere mate ;)