1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 6 or Kryptview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Mike_Res, May 22, 2010.

1. Mike_Res

Mike_Res Member

Hi, I have recently got my hands on a starview 6 and its working fine in an area that has been Nagra 3 for about 2months.

The Straview has frozen a few times on me but nothing a quick reset from the mains doesn’t fix.

I do have a few questions, which I have searched and just can’t seem to find the answers.

- Which box is better Starview or the Kryptview for working in a Nagra 3 area. I have read that Starview will expire in a year’s time, is this a true statement

- I am on vermin media internet, could they possibly track the IP address I am using to connect via the net for the straview and what are the chances of this.

Any help would be appreciated. Most of the answers are based on Ireland networks would be be good to know from UK point of view.

Thanks

2. []v[]

[]v[] Regular member

the kryptview! shame i have the starview HD combo and thsi will only last 12 months then new box time

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  3. Mike_Res

Mike_Res Member

so will the kryptview last longer than a year? and in general is the kryptview better version

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

kryptview wins hands down, and yes its supposed to last longer on the server than the starview,
    but to be honest neither box may even last a year, no1 knows what is around the corner,
    it is possible for vermin to track you if they really want to, but they would be more interested in who is providing you the servis at the moment,if they cant catch them i suppose you/me and a few others will do to start off, :(

5. e45

e45 Regular member

It is possible weather they could use it in a court of law is a different story as that is infringing on your privace rights so i dont think they can really do much about it except maybe ban the ip addrsss on their entire network which would in turn just take the box guys about 1 min to set a new ip up

6. steveo__

steveo__ Regular member

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  7. Mike_Res

Mike_Res Member

Great. Some good information here and will help quite a few people out there.

Kryptview A780 it is then.

I am slightly put off the fact the Starview will stop working in a years time, if it gets that far.

Anyway, I’ve had the starview for a few days. Few issues on it such as - a bit of freezing / pausing on the premium channels, premium channels stopped working for me yesterday (I reset the my cable box etc – still nothing) - some of the asian channels have disappeared though

Cheers Guys.

8. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

double post

Last edited: May 23, 2010