1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin on crackdown - Redundant box!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MattButch, May 4, 2010.

1. MattButch

MattButch Guest

I have had a visit from virgin this morning after they called me last week saying that they had detected a fault with my equipment and they would need to come out and check or replace it so i agreed. I had had a legit tv box downstairs and a starview and dodgey modem upstairs so i assumed that id be fine with the guy just checking the box downstairs.

However when he came he checked the wiring and followed the wiring as it went upstairs, as i had left the guy downstairs while i carried on the computer he knocked on the door and came in and saw the starview and modem blinking away.

He just said i need to make a call and he'd be back shortley.

He then came back a few minutes later and informed me i was illegally obtaining services without paying for them and informed me he would be removing the equipment and cabling and there is a risk i could be prosecuted for theft of services.

I just gave a confused look and said a friend of mine told me this was all legal as i was already paying for the box downstairs and he just looked at me and got on with removing their cable and im yet to hear anything more from them.

Freeview for me for a while!

Anyway, i have a starview 4 box with the usb in black and a motorola surfboard modem 5101 also in black which i cannot use anymore as i dont think they'd come and hook me back up again!

So, as an avid reader and user of the forum, would anyone want to ease my burdon and put some money in my pocket for these? Im reasonable so message me!

By the way, beware of the call saying they have detected a problem and would like to inspect your equipment, especially if you have dodgey boxes lol!

Matt

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The Sv4 is going to be switched off soon, so you prob going to be lumbered with that and your selling a cracked Modem? Think this is the wrong place to floggin em mate

3. e45

e45 Regular member

Silly silly person when your provider say they are comming out for god sake take all your hookie gear out of production till after they are gone i would say if they have taken your cable out and told ya you will be proscuted you can bet you will be the one made an example of prob so be prepared for it

4. topcat96

topcat96 Regular member

Did the engineer give you a receipt for the bits he removed.

If not you might have a flimsy defence if taken to court. It could be a case of prove you got them from me VM, you have no written confirmation and only an engineer's (who's probably stealing cable as well) word for it.

5. e45

e45 Regular member

if you read the post you will see that they took away virgin's property and not the illigal stuff that is why he is trying to sell that

6. topcat96

topcat96 Regular member

I sit corrected :)

7. mcv2008

mcv2008 Member

ouch mate :(
    Let us know what happens, good luck.

As said already tho... if Virgn ever need to come out to me for any reason, anythin not allowed on there network is disconnected and put out of reach, including any sign there might of been