1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vonnets Wifi Bridge

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by megsiemoo, Aug 16, 2013.

1. megsiemoo

megsiemoo Member

Can anyone help, I cant get my wifi bridge to recognise my laptop it will only work when I connect direct to my router?? Trying to get it to work on a wifi connection on a caravan park - is this possible??

2. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

It is possible but you need to use the software for the vonnets to set up the SSID and network key etc. first. Then once you set it up on laptop and its connected to the wifi anything else you plug it into will be wifi enabled.
    Here's the product page and software www.vonets.com/ProductViews.asp?D_ID=14

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  3. megsiemoo

megsiemoo Member

I have run the vonnets software. I cant get passed the first step doesnt bring anything in mac address to allow me to proceed to next step. I have had working with bridge pluged into my bt home hub then run the software

This would not work at my caravan park as I wouldnt have router to plug into just wifi network.

Please help.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

had same problem. had to return the item. got a tenda w150 instead. works everytime. windows 7 issue with vonets?

5. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Have you the option of using a different laptop/pc to set it up?
    @fintannl Have you had any issues using WPA with your Tenda? As in it loses the connection after a while? I found I had to change my router to WEP to keep the connection stable. Then when Virgin updated the software on my super hub it is no longer possible to select WEP so all my Tenda's were ditched.

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

use WPA PSK on all my tendas. Not a glitch.

7. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Strange. My ones eemed to only have a problem with anything other than WEP!

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

make sure that it is setup with WPA Personal and use AES rather than TKIP

9. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Cheers mate tried every configuration possible but they just kept knocking off after a while.

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

now that i think of it mooley yes i had a similar problem. put it down to old age that my memory isn't what it should be. what i did was change my router to broadcast on channel 13 (this is much higher broadcast strength than channel 1 to 11). Once I did this and set the tenda to listen on channel 13 problem solved

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

be aware most routers don't allow you to broadcast on channel 12 or channel 13 (you will only get an option to broadcast on channel 1 to 11, european standards). however i reprogrammed dddwrt onto my router which allows me to use these extra channels which have a much stronger broadcast

12. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Thanks fintannl I'll have a look at that. Almost sure you can't reprogram dddwrt to the Super Hub but will test this out if I can find a way. Will do when I get back from hols. Thanks for the idea's!