AfterDawn Forums

Convert XBOX 360 .iso files to Games on Demand format

This discussion thread has 47 messages.

#1
How to rip an XBOX 360 ISO and convert it to Games on Demand (GOD) format



Programs used for this tutorial:


Xbox Image Browser v1.0 Build 0002
Create ISO New link due to megaupload getting shut down
Iso2God v1.33



Here are some updated programs:


Iso2God v1.35

Iso2God v1.36

Here is a new version of Xbox Image Browser that is compatible with xgd3 games.
Xbox Image Browser v2.9 Build 0350



Step 1: Extract Contents of Scene Release ISO using Xbox Image Browser


To extract the contents of the .ISO, we will use Xbox Image Browser.


Run Xbox Image Browser.exe and select File-->Open Image File



Select your XBOX 360 .ISO file. For this tutorial, we will use Madden NFL 2010.



Right Click on the name of the .ISO and select extract



Create a new folder to place the extracted files in and click OK.



Once the files are extracted, go to the folder and delete the $SystemUpdate folder.






Step 2: Create a new ISO for ISO2GOD using Create ISO


To create a new .ISO file to use with ISO2GOD, we will use Create ISO


Run Crear iso.exe.



Select the folder from Step 1 for the Source Folder and select a location to save
the new .ISO.



Click Create Iso






Step 3: Convert ISO to Games on Demand format using Iso2God


Now, we will use Iso2God to convert the .ISO to Games on Demand (GOD) format.

Run Iso2God.exe and select Add ISO



Select the .ISO from Step 2 as the Image Location and
create a new folder for the Output Location. The title
details will automatically be generated by the program.



The .ISO will now be placed in queue. You may add more .ISO files created from Step 2 or convert just one .ISO for now.



Click Convert. The program will now convert all of the .ISO files in your queue.



You now have successfully converted a full game rip to Games on Demand format.









Now, to play the game, just copy the folder created in step 3 (in this case 454108C6) to the hard drive on your JTAG XBOX 360 at this location:
Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\

Madden NFL 2010 for example, will be located:
Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\454108C6




There are several ways to copy the game to the XBOX 360. Personally, I copy the GOD folder created in Step 3 to a usb flash drive, insert it to my xbox
360 and copy to the XBOX 360 HDD using Freestyle Dash 1.09 that I have installed on my JTAG XBOX 360.









Now, to play the game, just go to Game Library, select Xbox 360 Games and select the game you want to play by hitting the Y Button.




I have over 80 games on my 500GB internal Hard drive in Games on Demand format. There have been a handful of games that don't work for me. If you can add to this list, please post here and I will update this post.

Games not compatible
Asterix at the Olympics
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Hasbro Family Game Night





F.A.Q.'s
1. These programs come up as viruses when I run them through my antivirus program.
This is a false positive. I've never had any problems with any of the programs. Not to mention, they are used by a lot of XBOX 360 users. I've never heard of anyone encountering any problems with them either.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 20 Jan 2012 @ 8:59


▼▼ This topic has 46 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
#2
Thanks for the guide excellent I just have a question:

I have recently used the USB mass storage feature on NXE and am currently using a external hard drive for all my 360 data, as I hope to exchange my current 20gb model for the new slim version. I wanted to know if there are any programs that allow you to view all the data on the external drive that is formatted to Xbox 360 on the PC and write to it so I could transfer the converted ISOs to it, I've tried Xport 360 and xplorer360, to no avail. I have tried modio, but that only seems to do profiles and game saves, unless I missing something. I should add that my console is not modded. I do not wish to do any hardware modification, but do not mind using software mods, I have searched like a maniac for this info, which is how I found your guide. I would be very grateful if you could help me out with my queries and or any advice you could provide. Thanks alot, I hope my query was detailed enough and not too long winded

Thanks again
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 29 Jul 2010 @ 6:53
#3
Hi,

The convert xbox 360 iso files to games page you have written has great information and I would like to try it but when I downloaded create iso and xbox image browser my counterspy tells me there are trojans in the file. I am wondering if you advise me about this and if there was any other links which I could download these files.


Thanks again

Buzz07
#4
Originally posted by Uh_what:
Thanks for the guide excellent I just have a question:

I have recently used the USB mass storage feature on NXE and am currently using a external hard drive for all my 360 data, as I hope to exchange my current 20gb model for the new slim version. I wanted to know if there are any programs that allow you to view all the data on the external drive that is formatted to Xbox 360 on the PC and write to it so I could transfer the converted ISOs to it, I've tried Xport 360 and xplorer360, to no avail. I have tried modio, but that only seems to do profiles and game saves, unless I missing something. I should add that my console is not modded. I do not wish to do any hardware modification, but do not mind using software mods, I have searched like a maniac for this info, which is how I found your guide. I would be very grateful if you could help me out with my queries and or any advice you could provide. Thanks alot, I hope my query was detailed enough and not too long winded

Thanks again
there is but its for linux only. i seen it a while back i will have to search for it .

For Sale:

Parachute, Used Once, never opened small stain.
Best Offer!
#5
links in guide are to virus-infected (trojan) applications
#6
Originally posted by al_val:
links in guide are to virus-infected (trojan) applications

Again, I've never had a problem with them. Which program(s) comes up infected?


#7
robsteph1702 Suspended due non-functional email address
ok so i have the new xbox slim 4gb with a usb 8gb microsoft xbox 360 pen drive. i was browsing the dash on my 360 an i noticed the games on demand section. so i started thinking if they sell games that can get d/l direct to console and play without disc then there should be a way to download iso an convert them to work off the drive an not actual disc .an i came across your thread . im trying it now so hopefully it works and if it does then im going to go get a bigger hard drive lol but i will keep you posted on my progress.

ps. my xbox 360 is: not modded in any way at all.
has 4gb internal hdd, 8gb usb pen drive.
updated dash
#8
I was wondering if it is possible to install the .god content to the Xbox 360 S console hard drive using a sata-to-usb connection and Xplore 360 without the JTAG modifications.
#9
will this work with a non modded (no jtag) xbox 360??
#10
Hi any one knews how to transfer these files, to the XBox 360 slim hdd (original hdd)?
#11
hi nice work
well i have not installed any games like this but the thing is i input 7.29 GB games in Xbox Image Browser.exe it shows them as 2.5 or 3.6 GB or some thing like that so i wanted to ask is this normal well could be as iso files do contain empty spaces but it seemed a bit odd so i just wanted to be sure of it
thanks
#12
Hi there! Congratulations and thanks for your guide! I was wondering if this works on any profile and if it's dangerous for ban and other stuff. I saw something similar on xbox360iso in which you had to use a different profile. What about on this?
#13
Originally posted by nrk4594:
Originally posted by al_val:
links in guide are to virus-infected (trojan) applications

Again, I've never had a problem with them. Which program(s) comes up infected?
iso to god says it has a trogen. I'm sure its just cause the way the program Is designed to run. I do have an issue with the program though. when I run it on my windows 7 64bit machine my pc freezes up and I have to hold my power button till it powers down. Is there a way around that or a similar program that will work with this operating system?
#14
Thank you for the great guide. I was wondering if this is stealth patched and if it is safe to play on xbox live?

Thanks
#15
hello
Im a total n00b.
but managed to follow the guide, and create the iso.
just wondering now, i have not got ajtaged 360, so unable to proceed. is it possible to install this game without jtag or fSDash? if i take the drive from the xbox, and use xplorer360?

Any help appreciated
#16
Hello,
I have just flashed my xbox?So can i play games through external hard drive or i have to jtag my console?
#17
My XBOX doesn't need to be JTAGed to do this right?
#18
Can someone just answer the above guys? Does this works on NON-JTAG sets?
#19
Thanks for the nice tutorial but my problem i was stock on "Create Iso by froggy_007" it error says


See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Crear_iso.Form1.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3625 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Crear iso
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/grayfox/Desktop/Crear%20iso.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.




pls advice how to solve this issue
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Dec 2011 @ 23:31
#20
Originally posted by kadya:
Can someone just answer the above guys? Does this works on NON-JTAG sets?
You MUST have a JTAG'd box to do this. There is NO software only option!
#21
Originally posted by grayfox1022:
Thanks for the nice tutorial but my problem i was stock on "Create Iso by froggy_007" it error says


See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Crear_iso.Form1.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3625 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Crear iso
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/grayfox/Desktop/Crear%20iso.exe
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Runtime.Remoting
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.




pls advice how to solve this issue

I am getting the exact same error on my Win7 64bit PC. It's the first game I try (Kinect Sports Season 2). Any help is appreciated.

PEH_DOUGH_WHO_KO
#22
hello guys,
i am having some problems with actually coping the game Blazing Angels II from my 8GB USB flash drive to my xbox HDD.(JTAG)
when i insert the flash drive, i go to System Settings->Memory and i have only 2 options:
"configure now" or "customize"
i tried both of them, the first one reserves all my storage capacity of the flash drive and makes my USB be available only for xbox(i have games, music etc sections if i access it after the formatting), and the second one just reserves a small amount of free space to be readable for my xbox, but in none of these situation i can see my folder with my game(again, the game is correctly "made", step by step, and put on the flash drive).What can i do? how do you guys actually copy the game to the xbox HDD?or the flash drive must be first configured(formated for xbox), and then the game, via iso2god, to be put in there, somehow iso2god "breaking the xbox barrier" on my flash drive?
Thank you so much^^
#23
Originally posted by 7lym:
hello guys,
i am having some problems with actually coping the game Blazing Angels II from my 8GB USB flash drive to my xbox HDD.(JTAG)
when i insert the flash drive, i go to System Settings->Memory and i have only 2 options:
"configure now" or "customize"
i tried both of them, the first one reserves all my storage capacity of the flash drive and makes my USB be available only for xbox(i have games, music etc sections if i access it after the formatting), and the second one just reserves a small amount of free space to be readable for my xbox, but in none of these situation i can see my folder with my game(again, the game is correctly "made", step by step, and put on the flash drive).What can i do? how do you guys actually copy the game to the xbox HDD?or the flash drive must be first configured(formated for xbox), and then the game, via iso2god, to be put in there, somehow iso2god "breaking the xbox barrier" on my flash drive?
Thank you so much^^
Do you have a jtag? this only works with a jtag and you use xex menu to copy the game to the hard drive or atleast that is the easiest way If you only have a flashed dvd drive without a jtag it will not work as stated above. the usb stick just needs to be formatted to fat 32 and put it in after you load xex menu then copy and paste in content/00000000000000000 on your hard drive. xex menu allows you to see all the individual files and partitions on your xbox360. it can be done through your pc to but its a lot harder to explain and still requires a jtag to see or use the finished iso and not all games are compatible with god format. Also the usb stick will not show whats on it in the regular dash cause will se it as unformated or what ever you want to call it.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Jan 2012 @ 19:02
#24
Originally posted by chriswhit:
Originally posted by 7lym:
hello guys,
i am having some problems with actually coping the game Blazing Angels II from my 8GB USB flash drive to my xbox HDD.(JTAG)
when i insert the flash drive, i go to System Settings->Memory and i have only 2 options:
"configure now" or "customize"
i tried both of them, the first one reserves all my storage capacity of the flash drive and makes my USB be available only for xbox(i have games, music etc sections if i access it after the formatting), and the second one just reserves a small amount of free space to be readable for my xbox, but in none of these situation i can see my folder with my game(again, the game is correctly "made", step by step, and put on the flash drive).What can i do? how do you guys actually copy the game to the xbox HDD?or the flash drive must be first configured(formated for xbox), and then the game, via iso2god, to be put in there, somehow iso2god "breaking the xbox barrier" on my flash drive?
Thank you so much^^
Do you have a jtag? this only works with a jtag and you use xex menu to copy the game to the hard drive or atleast that is the easiest way If you only have a flashed dvd drive without a jtag it will not work as stated above. the usb stick just needs to be formatted to fat 32 and put it in after you load xex menu then copy and paste in content/00000000000000000 on your hard drive. xex menu allows you to see all the individual files and partitions on your xbox360. it can be done through your pc to but its a lot harder to explain and still requires a jtag to see or use the finished iso and not all games are compatible with god format. Also the usb stick will not show whats on it in the regular dash cause will se it as unformated or what ever you want to call it.
Yes, i do have a JTAG. But i don t figure out if i have/not the xex menu
I ve found a program, recommended by all, called USB xtaf GUI, but it doesn t recognize my flash drives, although i can acces then with no issues from windows
(one flash drive is xbox formatted, the other one is like mother nature left it:)), and both of them are on FAT32)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Jan 2012 @ 13:24
#25
Originally posted by 7lym:
Originally posted by chriswhit:
Originally posted by 7lym:
hello guys,
i am having some problems with actually coping the game Blazing Angels II from my 8GB USB flash drive to my xbox HDD.(JTAG)
when i insert the flash drive, i go to System Settings->Memory and i have only 2 options:
"configure now" or "customize"
i tried both of them, the first one reserves all my storage capacity of the flash drive and makes my USB be available only for xbox(i have games, music etc sections if i access it after the formatting), and the second one just reserves a small amount of free space to be readable for my xbox, but in none of these situation i can see my folder with my game(again, the game is correctly "made", step by step, and put on the flash drive).What can i do? how do you guys actually copy the game to the xbox HDD?or the flash drive must be first configured(formated for xbox), and then the game, via iso2god, to be put in there, somehow iso2god "breaking the xbox barrier" on my flash drive?
Thank you so much^^
Do you have a jtag? this only works with a jtag and you use xex menu to copy the game to the hard drive or atleast that is the easiest way If you only have a flashed dvd drive without a jtag it will not work as stated above. the usb stick just needs to be formatted to fat 32 and put it in after you load xex menu then copy and paste in content/00000000000000000 on your hard drive. xex menu allows you to see all the individual files and partitions on your xbox360. it can be done through your pc to but its a lot harder to explain and still requires a jtag to see or use the finished iso and not all games are compatible with god format. Also the usb stick will not show whats on it in the regular dash cause will se it as unformated or what ever you want to call it.
Yes, i do have a JTAG. But i don t figure out if i have/not the xex menu
I ve found a program, recommended by all, called USB xtaf GUI, but it doesn t recognize my flash drives, although i can acces then with no issues from windows
(one flash drive is xbox formatted, the other one is like mother nature left it:)), and both of them are on FAT32)
you can get xex menu here http://www.mediafire.com/?r2cclv3h2k5benb . It will extract 3 extractable files use the xex iso and burn it to a dvd-r not a dual layer thats just a waste of money cause it will work ether way even if your dvd drive isn't flashed the brand of disk wont matter ether when it boots you will be in xex menu you can install it or use it that way but if you install you dont wanna do it with the dash do it in xexmenu. i can fint a tutorial if you like. it will work from the disk though but its a valuble jtag tool. Use the left and right bumpers to navigate to different drives and usb. if you boot xex then stuff in the usb stick it will navigate to it for you. use the directional pad on the controller to highlite the game u converted to a god image then press y and select copy. then use the left of right bumper pads(above your triggers on controller) and find the hard drive partition with content select content then youll see a folder with lots of zero's open it then just hit y and paste. then your dont you go back to your dash the same way as from a game and you can then boot it from game library. some games arnt compadible so if you make one and it doesnt work try a few before you give up. I had trouble with a few. If you want more info pm me or something. hope this helps you.
edit: If you extract the live one in the download link put the code9999 folder on your usb then load the disk and you can copy and past in the content/000000000000 folder and xexmenu will be bootable from your dash without the disk from that point on makes it easy for later use and more abilities with your jtag and it will b in the game library to.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Jan 2012 @ 14:50
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.