1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with this online embeded please.

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by pluggedin, Nov 23, 2009.

1. pluggedin

pluggedin Member

Adamryan you seem to be the go to guy on this forum when it comes to the subject matter of grabbing swf video's. Here's my problem if you could help me at all. I made the following post in June but didn't get a response from anyone. I would really appreciate the help.

Hello I don't know if you've answer my problem in this forum but here it goes. My mom passed away this may and last year she did a video for a local newspaper and the video is online and I would like to download it to keep. I've tried all types of firefox plugin and extensions and I still cannot download this video. I even tried the view page source info and the file is there but it's greyed out. I'm at a lost, I've download the flashplayer but the url still won't play. Could anybody pleeease help me. I really want to video of my mom. I want to download it and burn it on cd and give copies to my brothers and sisters. Here's the link. It's called local reflects on Civil Rights Era.

hhttp://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-poughkeepsieny-066-pub01-live/current/launch.html?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer&maven_referralPlaylistId=playlist&maven_referralObject=774891620&maven_referrer=staf

Thank you eveyone!
    Oh yes....it's also embeded if this will help to extract it.

2. kbp80

kbp80 Member

Hi pluggedin,

I've had a look around and unfortunately I haven't been able to download anything from the site you provided although I did find a very interesting FAQ that's on AfterDawn:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/413373

Also, the instigator of the linked thread, CiDaemon, seems like a very affable guy and in his last post said that he enjoys stuff like this. I'm sure if you PM him he will be happy to help you.

3. pluggedin

pluggedin Member

I posted my original message for help in the wrong forum some months ago. I got help with video just recently and was able to retrieve it. Thank you

4. scum101

scum101 Guest

firefox always stores video locally in it's cache.. just a matter of finding it.