1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu ray drive issue

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Xw2X, May 7, 2014.

1. Xw2X

Xw2X Member

So I'm a newb at installing blu ray drive. I noticed that my blu ray player can't play blue ray by default and requires a software for blu ray to work. The problem is that after I install the software it crashed my PC and ever since then every time I boot my OS it crashes at about 30 seconds even in safe mode. Did I do something wrong ?

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

What specific software did you install? Probably need to uninstall it. Try VLC. It is free and works perfectly. You could try DVDFab Media Player 2. I think it is free, too.

3. Xw2X

Xw2X Member

I thought it was the drivers to enable blu ray play. Does it usually play blu ray by default ? Also the software are cyber link power DVD and 3d stuff . I don't think the software are causing the crash but it only start happening after I install the software. Btw the software came with the blu ray drove itself. Also I just noticed another symptom. The programs I install does not appear on the "uninstall control panel "

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Once you insert your disc, navigate to that drive and right click on it. Look for the Open With choice and choose your default program for that type of file. Or you can your open your Player, ie. VLC, and choose which file, folder, drive to play each time.

Try looking for the "Folder" created by the software on your Start button. Hopefully you will find an Uninstall choice there. Or navigate to the Folder of that program and look for an exe file like "unins000" for example. That would be the target uninstall file if there were an option under Add Remove Programs in your Control panel.

There are other more radical ways to remove a program but you may not want to attempt those if you are unfamiliar with regedit.

5. pw2much

pw2much Member

Did the software for Cyberlink come on a disk? and did it have it's own product license key? did you imput the license key to activate the software? After installing the software and activating it have you checked for any updates ( not upgrades), some times you may need an update to patch the software when there are gliches with them. I also have Cyberlink and when it starts to act funny I usually look to see if there might be an update to fix some of those issues. To check for updates click on the arrow at the top left of the Cyberlink player window to find updates and upgrades. Now you said that the Cyberlink program doesn't show in Control Panel/Programs and Features! if it doesn't I would suspect that it did not install properly, first uninstall the program and then re-install it and then look to see if it has an update but make sure you use your product key to activate it after install then look for update. hope this helps.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  6. pw2much

pw2much Member

If you need a good uninstall program try Revo Uninstaller there is a free version, what I like about this program is after you uninstall a program it also checks thru your registry and hard drive for any leftover features (items) to that program which you will be able to delete before you are completely finished so that there are no conflicts when re-installing the program.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  7. sanydkasai

sanydkasai Member

What is the configuration of your computer? does it meet the requirements of Blu-ray playback?