AfterDawn Forums

Does the Pioneer BDR-2208 support bitsetting?

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I'm thinking of getting a Blu-ray burner. The Pioneer is looking good for the included software. I know in the old days ('06-'09) having a drive that supported changing the book type to "rom" was important to get playback on the most players. I can't find this info in any of the specs.

i7-920 @ 3.8, Asus P6T, Corsair H50 cooler, 6 Gb ddr3-1600, pny 9800 GT, Liteon iHDS 118 dvd-rom, Liteon iHAS 220 burner, OCZ 700 watt Mod X Stream psu, 500 Gb WD hd
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
You don't bitset blu-ray media. Whether or not your blu-ray burner will bitset DVD+r or not is another question, it is - again - model specific.

Sorry. That's what I meant. Does anyone know if the Pioneer BDR-2208 supports bit-setting for dvd+r disks.
Ah I see, okay.

I would be inclined to say that it would support it, but obviously if it is significant for your needs then you should find out first - best place to ask would be Poineer support. FWIW I couldn't find any info either.

That said, I imagine it's unlikely your device wouldn't play -R nowadays but I'm not 100% on that.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.