1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd rw drives

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by odie1981, Feb 11, 2010.

1. odie1981

odie1981 Member

HI can anybody please help me with this problem iv had for days.
    i was running windows xp 32 but iv just put windows 7 64 edition as i have a qaud core so wanted to run at the speed its suposse to run at everything is great and im relly happy with it my only problem is that my dvd rw drive doesnt show up its a sata and so is my hard drive all is i get is local disk c.
    ovasly my hard drive but cant get my dvd rw to show up can anybody please help me with this or any sugesstions.
    id be very greatfull cheers guys

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

You must have installed Windows 7 64 using that drive, unless you have another DVD drive.
    Also, seeing I am not sure how your SATA setup is, your Drive probably is there, but just hidden.

Check in Control Panel, Folder Options
    Unclick 'Hide Empty drives in the Computer Folder' if it has a check mark in it
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/6969-drives-hide-show-empty-drives-computer-folder.html

If that is not the case, then go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Under Storage, Click on Disk Management

See if your drive shows up there and has a Letter assigned.
    Another option is to click on Device Manager also, and see if its listed there.