1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdwriter doesnt show up in my computer

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by wrrere, Apr 2, 2010.

1. wrrere

wrrere Member

my ide external dvdwriter doesnt show up in my computer or in the device manager when i connect with the usb i do hear the beep when i plug it in but nothing when i go to device manager the dvd writer isnt there but i see a yellow question mark next to usb mass storage device i have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver to no avail,rolling back the driver doesnt work.editing the registry and deleting the upper lower filters in {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}didnt work either........i dont know what to do......any help appreciated

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

plugged into the front, back or both usb ports? does it work ok on another pc?

3. wrrere

wrrere Member

ive tried plugging it into the back and side usb ports,no good doesnt work on the other laptop either,the usb ports work because i plugged my external hdd in there and it showed up,my laptops both have windows xp,the dvdwriter still works because i hear the dvd spinning....

4. ddp

most likely is the enclosure the drive is in that is going bye bye. if not under warranty then get a new enclosure that is right for your drive as in ide or sata interface.

5. wrrere

wrrere Member

the enclosure is fine i use the same one for my hdd,well i use the connections from the enclosure its not actually in one.............

6. ddp

if it works for your hd then your drive is the problem.